Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

As Keegan once said, this man/Ashley cannot be trusted - he'll tell you one thing (to your face I assume) and mean another.

No benefit of the doubt from my side of the fence. Unbelievable that some are prepared to grant Ashley that, again.

I don't trust Ashley, I do trust Rafa.

As Keegan once said, this man/Ashley cannot be trusted - he'll tell you one thing (to your face I assume) and mean another.

No benefit of the doubt from my side of the fence. Unbelievable that some are prepared to grant Ashley that, again.

Fucking hell. We have asked for chips, we have been given chips, don't piss all over them man.

I don't trust Ashley, I do trust Rafa.

:thup: I still think and will remain to think Ashley is a massive cunt. But until proven otherwise what's good enough for Rafa is good enough for me.

I don't give a fuck about Ashley. The only one who can really make a difference is Rafa fucking Benitez. Looking at Sunderland's recent financial info tells the story that money isn't everything in football. If you give money to a shit manager to spend, it will leave you relegated with massive debts. Whatever money he gets, Rafa will spend it on what he thinks we need. It will also be done over several windows. He knows that success is built, not bought.

Is there no photos of Rafa at the end of Sundays match.

http://i1.chroniclelive.co.uk/incoming/article12999432.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/Newcastle-United-v-Barnsley-Sky-Bet-Championship-St-James-Park.jpg

Guest Howaythetoon

3 years ago today a certain bloke said this to me: "Don't ever give up on your club, keep supporting it, it's your club and trust me one day you will get your club back and it will be everything you wanted it to be, Newcastle United is bigger than anyone. It hurts I know, but just keep going, he is only one man, we are a city, a whole population. Trust me."

I don't give a f*** about Ashley. The only one who can really make a difference is Rafa f***ing Benitez. Looking at Sunderland's recent financial info tells the story that money isn't everything in football. If you give money to a s*** manager to spend, it will leave you relegated with massive debts. Whatever money he gets, Rafa will spend it on what he thinks we need. It will also be done over several windows. He knows that success is built, not bought.

:thup:

So Rafa staying, with ~70m-100m to spend and full control. What's the catch?

Haven't we previously done some kind of fuckery where Ashley includes all the new player's wages for the whole length of the contract as coming out of the transfer kitty up front? It was something stupid like that.

I trust Rafa completely. He made it clear exactly what he wanted at every stage of his appointment - upon arrival, when deciding to remain in the Championship, when deciding to remain after a farcical January, and now. If he's satisfied with Ashley's commitment and response, then I certainly can't help but be. He's an unbelievable professional and a brilliant manager - and seems to truly get the club and the fans in a very special way.

Add to that the money, the elimination of fucking Wonga, the promotion, I can't help but be incredibly excited. I'm sick of being cynical. I don't care if it makes me an idiot. I want to believe again, so I'm going to.

Not to be a downer (not about this at all) but £70m isn't a huge amount these days, I mean John Stones went for £50m and he's shit  :lol:

Not disagreeing but even in this age of ever increasing sky money/fees/wages, there are still a class of clubs that will have to pay a premium just because of who they are.  Stones to City being a prime example of them having to pay way over the odds because of who they are.