Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Have to hope he gets a couple more signings in this month, this season goes reasonably well, and sometime in the next 10 months Ashley finds a buyer. It's probably the only scenario where this could end well.

Of course Ashley knows, he just doesn't care. He's never cared. He bought this club to be his toy to do what he pleased with.

And Benitez knew this before he took the job.  I can't be arsed with this will he won't he walk nonsense and to be honest if he does then we've lost a good manager but one who knew what he was getting into. I don't want to be in a situation where were are crapping ourselves every day in case he gets upset and walks out, it's ridiculous.

Of course Ashley knows, he just doesn't care. He's never cared. He bought this club to be his toy to do what he pleased with.

And Benitez knew this before he took the job.  I can't be arsed with this will he won't he walk nonsense and to be honest if he does then we've lost a good manager but one who knew what he was getting into. I don't want to be in a situation where were are crapping ourselves every day in case he gets upset and walks out, it's ridiculous.

:thup:

wish the season would start ffs

then again they'll wheel rafa in front of the cameras and try to get him to say he's qutting over transfers :lol:

:thup:

We'll have these rumours swirling around every transfer window.

Been trying to put my thoughts into words and you've pretty much nailed it. It's always going to be a house of cards under Ashley, but I'd rather not worry about that every single day. I'd rather enjoy the ride, as enervating as that ride is.

Starting to feel it's more inevitable to wake up to news of rafa walking than news of us signing anyone. Sickening feeling.

How much more trolling can Ashley do? Answer: lots. Far too much credit to say he is trolling. He is just a complete moron. On to an absolute winner with rafa and the club's future but he is intent on letting it completely crumble to save a couple of quid.

Has there ever been an enjoyable Ashley transfer window?  The whole thing just becomes so tiresome.  I'd love to be able to just ignore it completely, but given the precariousness of Rafa's position, I can't.

actually following on from my own post it'll be interesting to see what does happen when they peddle him in front of the cameras on sunday (and in the presser beforehand)

so far he's not come out with many explicit messages himself has he?  i wonder if that'll change 2 weeks from the end of the window and him apparently so unhappy with it all...we know he's fond of politics, what better way to play the game than to get everyone on his side ahead of the spurs game?

actually following on from my own post it'll be interesting to see what does happen when they peddle him in front of the cameras on sunday (and in the presser beforehand)

so far he's not come out with many explicit messages himself has he?  i wonder if that'll change 2 weeks from the end of the window and him apparently so unhappy with it all...we know he's fond of politics, what better way to play the game than to get everyone on his side ahead of the spurs game?

he will say he is just concentrating on the game- with an obvious hint that hes not happy.

he will say he is just concentrating on the game- with an obvious hint that hes not happy.

you would think though, if he wants the apparent deadlock broken and things to move one way or another this would be the time for him to speak out

He waited too long to do it in January. Well, February, but the point stands. If he'd complained during the window he might have got his way.

Well the best thing to do is just stay happy and not think about it.

It's the only thing we can do sadly. Some think that online rage and a bunch of "I told you so's" will somehow help prevent the worst from happening. We all know the fucker who owns us is a prick, and we've allowed him to stay on for ten years. Our best hope is that we get a buyer, the sooner the better as I would love for Benitez to manage this club for another decade.

Mark Douglas on Total Sport -  with regards to Rafa's future, he says that there is 'no clear and present danger', although there is frustration that the club haven't been able to do what he wanted in terms of transfer business. Reading between the lines - Rafa won't bail out - at the moment.

Mark Douglas on Total Sport -  with regards to Rafa's future, he says that there is 'no clear and present danger', although there is frustration that the club haven't been able to do what he wanted in terms of transfer business. Reading between the lines - Rafa won't bail out - at the moment.

It's not hard to see that tbh. Rafa isn't the type to bail, we all know that already. What he was probably hoping for was some sort of ambition, even top six in a couple of years would be something to aim for. I think he's realising now that the best he can achieve here is to be a glorified coach of a bargain basement team in the Premier, and he'll probably give it a season before moving on to a club that wants to win something.

I'm beginning to think he'll likely see out his contract at least, because he sees that as his duty.

If that should happen we will still be in a much better position than under any other recent manager. I just want him to stay and lift the standards. He has already transformed the place and shown his absolute class in the way he has built essentially a new team compared to last premier league and it looks in the most part balanced and tactically aware.

Obviously, the biggest test is yet to come but he showed us how to win games and be effective last year and I have no doubt he could get us competing in the top ten given the time and more importantly some fucking money :-)