Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Caulkin also talks about Justin Barnes being a significant factor in the transfer delays.

clear as day, said it at the time, he was brought in as a deal breaker not maker. Ashley is here to fuck the club city fans over. simple as. Fans keep going so it will continue.

Should we stay up (possible) and Rafa comes to next summer transfer window and it is all the same again, he'd be a fool to hang around. It is what will happen, and the better he does the less chance of heavy investment he will have; it will be the classic 'well the team isn't broken so we don't need to fix it' crap.

Realistically, I can't see him beyond this season. Interpret this as a doom/gloom, knee-jerk reaction or whatever, but if he quits after keeping us up it will be another shithouse appointment with piss poor investment that sees us relegated.

In 10 years time we'll still have whatever dour cunts there are on Sky Sports talking about just 'HOW MUCH POTENTIAL DOES THIS CLUB HAVE, TONY ADAMS?!', or whatever wanker Ashley comes up with next. If Rafa is forced out, whether it be during this season or at the end of it, it really will be a case of what fucking potential? How can a club have potential if there is a firmly ingrained culture of mediocrity and resentment to progress at the top of it? Our objective is to survive in the top division, literally that is it. We haven't won a trophy in most of our fanbases lifetime, whilst the last 10 years have seen us yo-yo between the PL and Champ. Add to that the fact we sell all of our best players on the first offer.....bar Rafa there really isn't much left of this place.

I'm off to hang myself, anyway.

Rafa will only stay beyond this season if the fat c*** delivers what was promised. He won leave now, but no f***ing way he'll stay after this one unless things drastically change for the better. He's not gonna have "next summer is the test", he'll leave and rightly so. That would be me done, finally.

Only reason he stays now is because he doesn't want to leave us in the shit, deep shit where we'd be even more so if he left. He likes the fans too much.

Rafa will only stay beyond this season if the fat c*** delivers what was promised. He won leave now, but no f***ing way he'll stay after this one unless things drastically change for the better. He's not gonna have "next summer is the test", he'll leave and rightly so. That would be me done, finally.

Personally finding that my appetite for the club and the coming season have been reduced significantly after the last couple of weeks. Of course, if we beat Spurs it will turn on its head, but of late it's been a very depressing reminder of just how stifled the club is by Ashley.

Watching such an unbelievable opportunity in Rafa Benitez as our manager not being maximized despite the biggest TV deal in football history benefiting the club, I really am running out of energy for NUFC.

The concern shouldn't be that he's on the verge of quitting. He's not (& can't). But consecutive windows (so far) have been deflating.

Why not?

Edit:

He 'can't' quit because under terms of his contract clubs would have to pay NUFC hefty compensation whether he was still employed or not.

This is interesting - hadn't read that before.

Justin Barnes a barrier to progression, well there's a f***ing surprise eh  :lol:

A financial lawyer who knows nothing about football holding up transfers

Got to love Ashley's leadership skillz.

I'm looking forward to seeing a Rafa side in the prem and will enjoy it while it lasts but you just get the feeling it'll go belly up sooner or later with the morons at board level.

The next few weeks will be interesting to see if they at least bring in a decent striker, keeper, midfielder and/or full back. Striker is absolutely vital though and you think if they piss about and go past the window with only Gayle and Mitrovic that'll be the final signal to Rafa

Ashley needs to accept the cost of ownership of a premier league club has gone beyond his means, and sell up- or show otherwise.

There's something in this line of thought, actually. He seems to be the only owner constantly being caught off-guard by transfer "packets," wages, commissions and all. What world has he been living in? He's watched every single club pass him by it seems. Fucking nuts.

Ashley needs to accept the cost of ownership of a premier league club has gone beyond his means, and sell up- or show otherwise.

There's something in this line of thought, actually. He seems to be the only owner constantly being caught off-guard by transfer "packets," wages, commissions and all. What world has he been living in? He's watched every single club pass him by it seems. f***ing nuts.

Shite Direct still doing ok though?

There's something in this line of thought, actually. He seems to be the only owner constantly being caught off-guard by transfer "packets," wages, commissions and all. What world has he been living in? He's watched every single club pass him by it seems. f***ing nuts.

He clearly knows nothing about football and fails year on year to learn from his mistakes. If he dicks Rafa around to the point where he's off at Xmas and we're languishing near the bottom of the table we are basically completely screwed. He stands to risk millions but for some basic sensible decisions on transfers. I've never understood this about Ashley and never will.

His methods have failed miserably and even when presented a chance with a top coach he's seemingly making life difficult. I genuinely believe he thinks the fans will turn up whatever and just doesn't really care either way

He clearly knows nothing about football and fails year on year to learn from his mistakes. If he dicks Rafa around to the point where he's off at Xmas and we're languishing near the bottom of the table we are basically completely screwed. He stands to risk millions but for some basic sensible decisions on transfers. I've never understood this about Ashley and never will.

His methods have failed miserably and even when presented a chance with a top coach he's seemingly making life difficult. I genuinely believe he thinks the fans will turn up whatever and just doesn't really care either way

Agree with this except I don't think they're mistakes. I think it's all very deliberate. Makes it worse cos you know it'll never change but that's the situation we're in.

Guest The Little Waster

Nothing will change this side of Ashley dying . Rafa will get fucked over and leave most peoplewill bitch about it then buy season tickets for the next round of shite like the suckers they are and Ashley will laugh all the way to the bank ... Rinse repeat ad infinitum

Agree with this except I don't think they're mistakes. I think it's all very deliberate. Makes it worse cos you know it'll never change but that's the situation we're in.

I guess he looks at balance sheets and nothing else.

Guest Howaythetoon

Nothing will change until a change in ownership happens. Fans can force that by simply not going and making the club basically worth zero to the fat cunt and those who write the cheques, i.e. Sky/BT etc.

Ashley invested in the club because it is worth something to him, to sports direct. Sky et al invest in the club because it draws in audiences.

Its never ever going to happen though so suck it up basically.

Guest The Little Waster

For Ashley , owning this club is the equivalent of standing outside St James and 50 thousand eejits giving him approx £50 each 19 weeks out of the year . Put it this way , if you were him would you move from that spot and give up all that free money from a bunch of fucking idiots ?

Guest Howaythetoon

For Ashley , owning this club is the equivalent of standing outside St James and 50 thousand eejits giving him approx £50 each 19 weeks out of the year . Put it this way , if you were him would you move from that spot and give up all that free money from a bunch of f***ing idiots ?

No, not unless I was being spat at every day and the notes turned out to be fake...

Nothing will change until a change in ownership happens. Fans can force that by simply not going and making the club basically worth zero to the fat c*** and those who write the cheques, i.e. Sky/BT etc.

Ashley invested in the club because it is worth something to him, to sports direct. Sky et al invest in the club because it draws in audiences.

Its never ever going to happen though so suck it up basically.

When the fans walked out over those couple matches a few seasons ago, that didn't look good on the cameras and the board definitely took note. I agree though, there won't be enough of this t make a difference. Mind if it goes tits up and Rafa walks there'll be the proverbial chaos, be interested to see what happens then.