Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Guest Howaythetoon

Fans don't matter at all now anyway. Club would make money even with no attendance every week. Ashley's won in that regard. He can and will always ignore all fan opinion.

TV and sponsors wouldn't invest in a club that has no fans...

Fans don't matter at all now anyway. Club would make money even with no attendance every week. Ashley's won in that regard. He can and will always ignore all fan opinion.

TV and sponsors wouldn't invest in a club that has no fans...

TV deals are league wide. If each club was individual deals then maybe.

If each club negotiated individually the broadcasters would turbofuck the smaller clubs. better that it's negotiated as a whole tbh.

Aye, like it does in La Liga. Madrid and Barca get shit loads more than everyone else, unless they changed it.

But yeah clearly it's better this way.

I'm of the opinion we just enjoy him while he lasts. Obviously the longer the better. Be the 12th man and make up for lack in players' ability. For Rafa's sake. For our own.

Spot on. We've pulled a corker and people are jealous we're punching above our weight and eager to jump on any story, any murmur or any thought to try and stir the pot. Be it close friends, an ex or gossip girls, they want to see the fall out and misery. We can either be paranoid, get depressed and ruin it for ourselves or enjoy it while it lasts. Nothing lasts forever, everything ends.

But of course that's just arrogant and ignorant to think like that, best not enjoy a single minute of it believing all the lies and half truths just so your self fulfilling prophecy comes in and you can tell everyone you knew it was coming.

It's not arrogant but it is naive given the current owner and his history.

Well then you don't get it. It's just been explained like, but apparently that's bullshit despite literally our last signing coming straight after he last aired his discontent. Coincidence maybe, but he's experienced enough to know the effect of doing so.

Come on man... Rafa made some comments and within 6 hours we'd pretty much signed two players. I do not believe for a second that his comments had anything to do with it though. Those deals would have to have been 99% done.

I'd personally prefer he kept internal problems internal, yeah. Same as in my job... we don't tell the customers when we have internal disagreements.

Only just read this bit now and honestly can't believe that you'd use that example as a fan. Football fans may be being treated like customers, but I didn't expect a fan to reference it like that as if there's any comparison from how we approach things. From my perspective we're fans, from the perspective of scum like Ashley, we're customers.  Rafa knows there's a difference, f*** PR and how it looks, his honesty is one of the reasons why he's loved. He's not like Pardew and McLaren who'll trot out the party lines.

I'm not saying he should "trot out party lines". I just think it's tiresome listening to him and the same sources bang on about how he's unhappy week after week. It means that you're constantly waiting for him to leave. It's not remotely enjoyable, especially if he actually has no intention of leaving (as appears to be the case after the latest round of quotes).

I'd personally prefer that he just got on with the job if he's happy to work within the constraints and work with the players he has, or just leave if he's not. Constantly appearing unhappy just leads to bad morale, which must surely trickle down to the players, especially those that he has managed to buy (it makes it appear, in my opinion, that he isn't happy with them).

And I'm fully aware of what the difference between being a fan and a customer is... but truth is we're both, and I still wouldn't expect to know the ins and outs of the conversations that take place behind closed doors. Why should we? That's a bizarre argument to me. I've NEVER EVER in 25 years of supporting NUFC remembered a time when I'd expect to know about internal issues.

Everyone knows Ashley is a bellend. Everyone knows that Rafa will never get everything he's been promised / hopes he can get. Sadly, that's just the way it is and it won't change until Ashley buggers off. Rafa must surely know all of that. So yes, I'll reiterate, I'd prefer him just to get on with the job.

f***ing hell, I don't even know where to start with this. Better just to say that we have profoundly different ideas about what a football club is and what it represents.

You think you have the right to know the ins and outs of the internal problems at the club? Why would you really want to?

What I'm saying really isn't rocket science like... If he's not going to quit (which he clearly isn't at the minute), I'd rather he fought those battles behind closed doors and didn't wash his dirty laundry in public. I don't think it helps the situation, and certainly doesn't help morale. I'm confused how that could be such a controversial opinion.

Leverage.

They just need to be straight with him. If the budget is tight, just tell him. Don't promise every penny if that's not the intention.

It's the messing around, the lies, the deceit that stinks. Exactly the same as we've seen time and time again.

Honestly boils my piss that they STILL haven't fucking learnt.

Its more likely Ashleys pal Justin Barnes.. he does all the negotiations for him when buying businesses and probably asked for a go at football.

Lets not forget Mike was offering DoF roles to investment bankers in pubs, the guy is a fucking joke.

They just need to be straight with him. If the budget is tight, just tell him. Don't promise every penny if that's not the intention.

It's the messing around, the lies, the deceit that stinks. Exactly the same as we've seen time and time again.

It's not about learning though is it Dave, you only learn if really want to and they simply don't care. Ashley won't sell until someone gives what he wants, and in turn we get shafted as he doesn't really want the club.

We're in purgatory until the fat cunt goes/dies.

I'm not sure how I feel about that interview. It didn't really feel like he was scoring political points or creating leverage, felt more like a resigned shrug. And yet, it wasn't anger or posturing or anything else that indicated he was even close to walking out. Seems like all-in-all, he's coming to terms with being resigned to a long-slog this season and mentally preparing us all for that, including himself.

It's not about learning though is it Dave, you only learn if really want to and they simply don't care. Ashley won't sell until someone gives what he wants, and in turn we get shafted as he doesn't really want the club.

Well that's the thing, for a long time now some people have wondered if it's deliberate. Feels like every year it gets more plausible.

Well that's the thing, for a long time now some people have wondered if it's deliberate. Feels like every year it gets more plausible.

It's deliberate for me now, especially if you're going to treat a manager as good as Rafa this way.  Utter morons who are going to blow the best thing that's happened to us for a long time, not that they'll care in the slightest.

It's deliberate in that this is how he works in any one of his businesses, it's made him his money so why change? You'd counter that with nufc being less successful but you know it'll be the money and sports direct on telly and it's no wocking furries.

Love this thread. Everytime someone makes out hes off or angry like a little drama queen. Then the real man speaks himself. And the drama is quashed.

Some absolute fannies on here.

Whatever could make Newcastle fans worried about the management of the club? :lol:

Love this thread. Everytime someone makes out hes off or angry like a little drama queen. Then the real man speaks himself. And the drama is quashed.

Some absolute fannies on here.

Whatever could make Newcastle fans worried about the management of the club? :lol:

It literally goes all the way back to Gordon Lee for me. It being uncertainty.