Leicester City v Newcastle United - Monday 14th March 2016

Figures 1-0 Football

Rafa is very pragmatic and almost always plays 4-2-3-1, no reason to think he'll do anything different. The only time I've seen leicester struggle is when teams sit extremely deep and just hoof long balls up to a lone striker, making it impossible to be counter attacked. That's what I expect rafa to go with, this would mean at least we dont get embarrassed and go into the derby with higher spirits.

Rafa is very pragmatic and almost always plays 4-2-3-1, no reason to think he'll do anything different. The only time I've seen leicester struggle is when teams sit extremely deep and just hoof long balls up to a lone striker, making it impossible to be counter attacked. That's what I expect rafa to go with, this would mean at least we dont get embarrassed and go into the derby with higher spirits.

Blimey it's as if we need Pardew for this game  :lol:

haha, well the difference is rafa actually knows how to do these things WELL. Rafa is a defensive/pragmatic coach, I wouldn't be surprised if we use this tactic tbh. It doesn't matter if you have 10 men behind the ball with pardew in charge as none of them have a clue what they should be doing.

haha, well the difference is rafa actually knows how to do these things WELL. Rafa is a defensive/pragmatic coach, I wouldn't be surprised if we use this tactic tbh. It doesn't matter if you have 10 men behind the ball with pardew in charge as none of them have a clue what they should be doing.

It's weird because while i reckon we'll get done, quite easily if i'm honest. I'm still looking forward to it though, even if we do get done 2 or 3, i want to see some sort of shape, some sort of system in place. Something completely lacking in McClaren's set up and Pardew's most of the time.

Man City got done good and proper at home by Leicester, they're a good side, the table don't lie. We get a point and it'll be a massive result for us.

It's weird because while i reckon we'll get done, quite easily if i'm honest. I'm looking forward to it, even if we do get done 2 or 3, i want to see some sort of shape, some sort of system in place. Something completely lacking in McClaren's set up and Pardew's most of the time.

Man City got done good and proper at home by Leicester, they're a good side, the table don't lie. We get a point and it'll be a massive result for us.

I completely agree, a draw would be a HUGE morale booster and might also be the point that keeps us up. I think the reason City got destroyed was that they tried to play too open and expansive, as you'd expect, whereas west brom for example just played Pulis tactics and it largely worked.

I don't think we can expect too much of a difference tbh, he's not even had 1 week to work with the players, I'm mainly expecting (hoping) to see them actually trying, listening to the manager (not head coach) and not giving up even if we go 2-3 down.

It's weird because while i reckon we'll get done, quite easily if i'm honest. I'm looking forward to it, even if we do get done 2 or 3, i want to see some sort of shape, some sort of system in place. Something completely lacking in McClaren's set up and Pardew's most of the time.

I completely agree, a draw would be a HUGE morale booster and might also be the point that keeps us up. I think the reason City got destroyed was that they tried to play too open and expansive, as you'd expect, whereas west brom for example just played Pulis tactics and it largely worked.

I don't think we can expect too much of a difference tbh, he's not even had 1 week to work with the players, I'm mainly expecting (hoping) to see them actually trying, listening to the manager (not head coach) and not giving up even if we go 2-3 down.

The game after Sunderland is the game we should see a lot more, there's an international break after it i think. That's should give Rafa a good bit of time to get his ideas/coaching across. I know he has this week before Sunderland, but that game could be anything with a sending off early as can happen, being a derby makes it all up in the air. Actually hoping hippo head and them think they're going to win it because of the 6 in a row, bit of over confidence from them would be nice.

Man City are lazy and casual though, that is their weakness and that's what Leicester are built to destroy. Like you say, I expect to lose but I'll take some signs that they have been listening to Rafa this week.

True but Leicester have lost, only 3 games all season is it ?  Not every team has been casual, even when teams have kept it tight against them, Norwich and Watford lately. Leicester have found a way, one thing though, if we score early, might make it very interesting.

Rafa's teams might sit deep but I don't recall them hoofing the ball forward, they used to pass it out quite rapidly. If there were long balls they tended to be very accurate rather than hoofing in the general direction of the centre forward.

Rafa's teams might sit deep but I don't recall them hoofing the ball forward, they used to pass it out quite rapidly. If there were long balls they tended to be very accurate rather than hoofing in the general direction of the centre forward.

You're right but if we pass it out rapidly I think we run the risk of pushing too high up the pitch, then leicester clear the ball and we get caught by their counter attack. I think for this game we might just do what pulis did, which to be fair actually worked. Ultimately I don't care though, as long as they all put a shift in.

I may be selling myself short here but it's also possible that Rafa knows a little more about football than I do (I know, I know).

Guest The Little Waster

No reason we cant get a 0-0 then hump the mackems and norwich ...would effectively seal our survival

Man City are lazy and casual though, that is their weakness and that's what Leicester are built to destroy. Like you say, I expect to lose but I'll take some signs that they have been listening to Rafa this week.

True but Leicester have lost, only 3 games all season is it ?  Not every team has been casual, even when teams have kept it tight against them, Norwich and Watford lately. Leicester have found a way, one thing though, if we score early, might make it very interesting.

Oh yeah, I expect Leicester to find a way to beat us, I just hope to see signs of improvement or at least better motivation.

Oh yeah, I expect Leicester to find a way to beat us, I just hope to see signs of improvement or at least better motivation.

Aye, absolutely.  O0