Injury News

Tom_NUFC

Emre - Injured ankle, but not broken. They aren't sure how long he'll be out for, but it seems that they're relieved its not broken.

Solano - Groin strain. No time frame.

Sibierski's injury apparently isn't serious and they think it's just cramp.

just thought i'd post this here:

ankle sprains can sometime be worse then breaks unfortunately, and a groin strain is 3-4 weeks at the minimum.  I picked one up at the beginning of may andn kept coming back to soon and it only cleared up in august.

Guest optimistic nit

solano's injury was not serious,i think he will be out just for the next game hopfully..

a groin strain is 3-4 weeks at the minimum. I picked one up at the beginning of may andn kept coming back to soon and it only cleared up in august.

blueconfused.gif

ankle sprains can sometime be worse then breaks unfortunately, and a groin strain is 3-4 weeks at the minimum.  I picked one up at the beginning of may andn kept coming back to soon and it only cleared up in august.

Absolutely.

I went over on my ankle last year and damaged all the ligaments and didn't play for 5 months.

a groin strain is 3-4 weeks at the minimum. I picked one up at the beginning of may andn kept coming back to soon and it only cleared up in august.

So Souness is your dad then eh? :lol:

haha, more like me being dumb and it being summer and too nice not to play. but i still waited about 3 weeks before even trying to comeback, and then for a few months i'd just play for about half an hour and have to stop.  stupid move in retrospect, but its fine now.

and on a side note, my dads actually scottish (im a yank).

Agree...solano and emre along with sibby, martins and butt have been our best players the last month...will miss them badly!! Our strength in depth at the back is piss poor....we gunna have to put up with that over weight excuse of a player carr now....gawd!!! Please buy some new defenders glenn please!!

I'm actually feeling pretty sick about this, no doubt Carr will keep his place at RB for evermore with Nobby out for a bit.

Emre has been playing so well recently, I'm worried he'll struggle to regain his form when he returns. At least he can be replaced by a decent player, unlike Nobby.

Guest optimistic nit

ankle sprains can sometime be worse then breaks unfortunately, and a groin strain is 3-4 weeks at the minimum. I picked one up at the beginning of may andn kept coming back to soon and it only cleared up in august.

Absolutely.

I went over on my ankle last year and damaged all the ligaments and didn't play for 5 months.

we really needed to hear that :lol:

Am i right in thinking that Carr has been out injured for almost two months now with a bruised toe. And we thought marcelino took the piss.

I'd rather him take the piss and get nowhere near the squad than race back being fit and ready to try and play football.

Am i right in thinking that Carr has been out injured for almost two months now with a bruised toe. And we thought marcelino took the piss.

Im quite happy for Carr to take the piss as long as its off the pitch!

.com say a few games for Nobby and Emre and Sibi might feature on Weds, as mentioned above. I'll take those odds tbh

Me too. Shame for Emre when he's just started to hit a run of form since joining. Although, with the commitment he shows, we've got to expect him to pick up minor injuries throughout the season.

It would be a step back if (when fit again) Roeder chooses Parker/Carr over Emre & Solano who have made us look a far more creative outfit over the last few games, IMHO.

Wait and see what happens.

I'll bruise his other nine toes if he fancies 18 months out. Fat Wanker.

:lol: