The other games today 2016/17

nemtizz

Anyone know what happened to the lid of the cup after the initial lifting? Every photo I've seen afterwards, is without it on.

I noticed it immediately and looked at it again 2 times after. Even posted on here about it. The lid flew off when Rooney and Carrick lifted it. It went to the lower tier beneath where there was no one, maybe for security reasons. There were around 2 security personnel that went to 'retrieve' it but as you mentioned, it never reappeared. Could have been damaged or 'lost'.

It must be broken, Martial is holding it in this photo.

http://i.imgur.com/gKgA4wQ.jpg

The only club that actually applied for promotion this year was Bishop Auckland. Shildon romped the league but had no intention of going up as the players had no intention of arriving back from Colwyn Bay at 3 o'clock on a Sunday morning, from a footballing perspective they'd be more than a match for a lot of the teams in the league above but the will, and the cash to fund it, just isn't there.

Seems shit you win the league then refuse promotion. South Shields will pass through this season.

The only club that actually applied for promotion this year was Bishop Auckland. Shildon romped the league but had no intention of going up as the players had no intention of arriving back from Colwyn Bay at 3 o'clock on a Sunday morning, from a footballing perspective they'd be more than a match for a lot of the teams in the league above but the will, and the cash to fund it, just isn't there.

Seems shit you win the league then refuse promotion. South Shields will pass through this season.

Clubs not going bust for the sake of a couple of seasons at a higher level >>> taking promotion. Shields are an exception because they're being propped up.