The other games today 2016/17

nemtizz

Just seen the penalty Monaco were given. How can't the two officials deduce that's a massive dive.

It's a clear penalty, even the Spurs players weren't disputing it.

He takes a massive swipe at the ball and misses it but catches the player

Just seen the penalty Monaco were given. How can't the two officials deduce that's a massive dive.

It's a clear penalty, even the Spurs players weren't disputing it.

He takes a massive swipe at the ball and misses it but catches the player

I knew you'd reply. What kept you? :lol:

He takes the swipe then stops. The lad feels it and tumbles. It was careless from Dier but ultimately not a foul ie he could've carried on. Just a modern day professional one. If someone took that tumble like that playing with your mates it would be laughed at and play would continue.

What I want to make clear when I call these incidents I'm not denying contact. Just the contact is not enough to send you flying. In the 80/90's the player would've just bulldozed his way through such a weak challenge and went for goal. You are right there was little appeal but I think that's more acceptance how the games are being refereed these days. I dare say I have to also but diving and exaggeration is only taking the game one way. Non-contact.

It was a foul and a penalty, you're probably the only person in the world who didn't think that was a penalty.

Spurs players, pundits, Spurs fans on Twitter (actually everyone on Twitter) and the officials all agreed it was a clear penalty. I haven't seen a single dispute at the time or since about it apart from you

It was a foul and a penalty, you're probably the only person in the world who didn't think that was a penalty.

Spurs players, pundits, Spurs fans on Twitter (actually everyone on Twitter) and the officials all agreed it was a clear penalty. I haven't seen a single dispute at the time or since about it apart from you

I'm not denying any of your points apart from disputing the contact was enough that he couldn't stay on his feet as it's how the modern pundit and fan think. My point is 20 yrs ago there would be a massive debate. It's the transition from one era of refereeing to the modern that I really struggle with with the biggest modern culprit being their game management.

Out of interest what did you think of Clattenburg in the Chelsea v Spurs game end of last season?

I'm not denying any of your points apart from disputing the contact was enough that he couldn't stay on his feet as it's how the modern pundit and fan think. My point is 20 yrs ago there would be a massive debate. It's the transition from one era of refereeing to the modern that I really struggle with with the biggest modern culprit being their game management.

Out of interest what did you think of Clattenburg in the Chelsea v Spurs game end of last season?

I can barely remember that game, I think he missed the Dembele eye poke which was pretty bad and Spurs lost their discipline massively by getting loads of bookings but I can't really remember many specific incidents I'm afraid

I can barely remember that game, I think he missed the Dembele eye poke which was pretty bad and Spurs lost their discipline massively by getting loads of bookings but I can't really remember many specific incidents I'm afraid

No problem. Not trying to catch you out or discuss individual incidents :thup:

It just reminded me of a more old school approach which was quite refreshing as an older fan and lead to a great battle and everything you'd want in a football match however the modern day pundits and fans complained about his leniency.

I just think refs generally are taught to keep a lid on the game which leads them to make more decisions than they need to. Personally nothing helps a game more than just letting play go on when you see a decision that could've went either way etc but instead they decide to make a decision to calm/stop the flow of the game.

It's no wonder there has become less and less memorable games per season in the top flight.