The other games today 2016/17

nemtizz

pen!

come onnnnnn dont miss

A draw is far better here than a Sheff Wed win

How not?

no it isnt

brighton have a game in hand and are clearly the 2nd best team in the league.  Wednesday have some good form now but I doubt they'll keep it up.  Even if they win they'll be 7 points behind us having played 1 game more (so 10 really).  Brighton get a point then win their game in hand and they'll be level with us.

Wednesday are in their 'huddersfield at the start of the season' moment

Obvious we want to win the league, but the difference between finishing 1st to 2nd compared to 2nd to 3rd is monumental. We're still on course to win the league and nothing will be decided regarding that tonight, but if we were to finish 2nd it wouldn't be the end of the world at all. We won the league 7 years ago ahead of WBA, i'm sure the don't care now sitting in 8th in the Premier League that the didn't win the league, whereas Brighton last year in top 2 of most of the season, finished 3rd in a 3 horse race and didn't go up.

Sheffield Wednesday are one of the best teams in this league, in very good form and certainly as good as Leeds and as big a threat in my mind. Win tonight and they go level on points with Leeds, would much rather there wasn't other teams in serious contention. If it was a Derby or even a Huddersfield then i wouldn't be as bothered but Weds are definitely a threat.

A draw would see Brighton drop points at home, we'd go 3 clear with a win tomorrow and the wouldnt be able to pass us with a win over Cardiff in their rearranged game on Tuesday and another promotion threat would also drop 2 points.

A draw is a no brainer as far as i am concerned

Is it just a one match ban for Murray?

Meaning he'll miss their FA Cup game and not a league game?

If it's deemed intentional by the ref isn't a three match ban?

No idea but I thought it was only serious foul play and violent conduct that were 3 game bans

pen!

come onnnnnn dont miss

A draw is far better here than a Sheff Wed win

How not?

no it isnt

brighton have a game in hand and are clearly the 2nd best team in the league.  Wednesday have some good form now but I doubt they'll keep it up.  Even if they win they'll be 7 points behind us having played 1 game more (so 10 really).  Brighton get a point then win their game in hand and they'll be level with us.

Wednesday are in their 'huddersfield at the start of the season' moment

Fair enough mate, i guess it comes down to how wary of Sheffield Wednesday you are. To me they are one of the best in the league and certainly as much of a threat as Leeds.

Obvious we want to win the league, but the difference between finishing 1st to 2nd compared to 2nd to 3rd is monumental. We're still on course to win the league and nothing will be decided regarding that tonight, but if we were to finish 2nd it wouldn't be the end of the world at all. We won the league 7 years ago ahead of WBA, i'm sure the don't care now sitting in 8th in the Premier League that the didn't win the league, whereas Brighton last year in top 2 of most of the season, finished 3rd in a 3 horse race and didn't go up.

Sheffield Wednesday are one of the best teams in this league, in very good form and certainly as good as Leeds and as big a threat in my mind. Win tonight and they go level on points with Leeds, would much rather there wasn't other teams in serious contention. If it was a Derby or even a Huddersfield then i wouldn't be as bothered but Weds are definitely a threat.

A draw would see Brighton drop points at home, we'd go 3 clear with a win tomorrow and the wouldnt be able to pass us with a win over Cardiff in their rearranged game on Tuesday and another promotion threat would also drop 2 points.

A draw is a no brainer as far as i am concerned

Yep.  Unfortunately nothing is certain where we are concerned.

I remember being a couple of points clear top of the old second division at Christmas in the late 70s and having such a poor final third of the season that we only finished ninth.