Newcastle United 1 - 0 Crystal Palace - Post match relief from p.32

Kaizero

Guest firetotheworks

What a load of absolute s***. :lol: Mike Dean gave us everything man.

Did he hell! He was woeful... Palace players should have been booked first half for constant time wasting. He blew up way too many times on Tiote unnecessarily. Pulled the play back when we were 3 against 2. Gave a dubious penalty. And all round just indecisive for both teams. Inconsistent.

I think I must just be in the minority when it comes to Mike Dean. Most people tend to say that he's an awful ref, but most times that I see him I think he's spot on.

Answer me this...

My mate timed how long it took to for them to take a throw in...just over a minute. And it wasn't a one off. How the hell Mike Dean couldn't see that is beyond me. It was the most blatant time wasting I've seen in years.

In all honesty, I can't say that I noticed it happening all the time. When it did happen it just seemed weird to me any way considering it was 0-0 and in the first half. Stoke in the 5-1 win for us is the worst I've seen, it was incredible how long they took over everything.

Mike Dean absolutely loves to be centre of attention, and it was criminal that not one of their players got booked for time wasting in the first half, but there's definitely worse and weaker referees in the PL

They added 5 minutes on at the end all thanks to Palace's time wasting. Surely when the other team is winning and holding on for the win then common sense should prevail and not bother playing all that time?

The common sense thing is probably to play the same amount of added time no matter who's winning

Mike Dean absolutely loves to be centre of attention, and it was criminal that not one of their players got booked for time wasting in the first half, but there's definitely worse and weaker referees in the PL

That's about right. He's a strange bloke who does strange things to get noticed but he's usually a good ref.

I'm far from convinced that the penalty was a handball.

Mike Dean's always desperate to give them just like in the Man Utd game earlier in the season.

Fwiw I didn't think it hit Sissoko's hand but was hard to see on the camera angles given, probably get a closer look on MOTD tonight.

It's a stonewaller, Sissoko has his hand above his head, it clips his hand before Dann heads it.

The ref got it 100% right unfortunately for us, Sissoko is utterly brainless at times.

Mike Dean's always desperate to give them just like in the Man Utd game earlier in the season.

Fwiw I didn't think it hit Sissoko's hand but was hard to see on the camera angles given, probably get a closer look on MOTD tonight.

Fwiw, it clips his hand on the replays i've seen.

It's a stonewaller, Sissoko has his hand above his head, it clips his hand before Dann heads it.

The ref got it 100% right unfortunately for us, Sissoko is utterly brainless at times.

I've changed my mind, it definitely does hit his hand.

I missed the first 20 minutes, which it seems weren't great, but from then on that's the best I've seen us perform this season. We played with aggression and decisiveness and I liked the way we kept looking positive right to the end.

The escape is on. And please, Mitro, don't do anything daft.