Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If you go in a huff and almost deliberately lax as a result - it's pretty gutless yeah. It's not a fetish, he just doesn't always step up when needed despite you knowing he has the aptitude. I look at that Shrewsbury behaviour and despair.

The impression I get about Shelvey is its always someone else's fault, that and the pointing. The pointing bugs me, especially when he's in acres of space.

He reminds me of the people I hate playing football with the most, the people who are constantly having a go at their teammates.

If it's justified what's wrong with that? Certainly not enough of it in the modern game.

With Shelvey it doesn't seem entirely justified. Just shouting because you're frustrated does nobody any good.

That's my take on it. I used to go mad at teammates who wouldn't pick up the runners, Shelvey just points fingers and doesn't actually do any of the work himself.

Moody sod. We should have taken more notice of how he was treating Swansea, but I suppose at the time we were desperate.

How good is his technique though?

Yep the crumpy gunt can pass a baal (as in football not sun god). Knocked a couple of absolute beauties down the right wing on Saturday; sand wedge precision.

Ra-ther see if he can do it in a competitive match tbh.  Might link up well with Mitra though.

Guest Howaythetoon

Shelvey is talented, but he lacks the appetite to really push on. And I don't mean by running around a lot and putting in tackles. I mean by getting involved in the game, taking charge of his role and showing leadership and determination. I just see a moody talented payer who lets the game pass him by too much. I'd happily see him leave because I feel he has nothing to offer Rafa's Newcastle long-term unless he really kicks on. He is far too good for the Championship though and should piss this division as should most of our players. Whether they will remains to be seen.

Alex Pritchard will be a Brighton player within the next 48 hours, according to Sky sources, with a fee worth up to £8m having been agreed with Spurs and only a few more formalities needing to be completed.

However, Anthony Knockaert will not be leaving Brighton in this transfer window, according to Sky sources.

The two deals are not linked in any way and Newcastle no longer retain an interest in the player.

Alex Pritchard will be a Brighton player within the next 48 hours, according to Sky sources, with a fee worth up to £8m having been agreed with Spurs and only a few more formalities needing to be completed.

However, Anthony Knockaert will not be leaving Brighton in this transfer window, according to Sky sources.

The two deals are not linked in any way and Newcastle no longer retain an interest in the player.

Damn. Brighton will be dangerous.

Bugger. They'll be a threat.

As already stated I think Brighton will be our biggest rivals this season.

I have no idea why we stopped our interest in Pritchard, would have him over botn Diame and Clarke.

And Pritchard is played behind the striker, not as an winger that Knockeart is. If Pritchard was to replace someone it would have been Stephens. But looks like they will keep them all and add extra strength.

Fuck. They're gonna be good.

f***. They're gonna be good.

they got a decent striker?

Christ. Here we are, fearing the likes of... Chelsea, Man City. Spurs, Man Utd, Liverpool... BRIGHTON AND HOVE ALBION  :lol:

Even more bizarre is that we are going into this thing with Rafa Benitez as our manager.