Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He's been pure s**** for AFCB and it'd be a pretty big admission of failure on Howe's behalf given that he is their record signing.

Howe is a bit weird with signings.

Gradel, Mings, Grabben, Ibe and Afobe have not quite assimilated that well, and have mostly been used quite sparingly, and most were for fees that were quite big for them at the time.

Loaning him to us initially might be a good compromise. Guess we'll see.

Scored and played a fair bit recently. They seem rotate him and Wilson now.

Mings completely fucked himself so I think he can be let off on that one. Nee idea what's gone on with Gradel. If he wasn't in Africa he'd be another I 'd take here.

Rafa doesn't do creativity, so no one should be surprised at all. Colbacks will always prevail.

Seriously, whats your beef with Rafa like? the guy has transformed the club, its freaking weird. :lol:

push the boat out & sign that Knockout bloke from Brighton man

Can't see it, unfortunately. He's had a couple of family tradegies recently and looked as if he really appreciated how the club/his team mates rallied around (must increase his commitment). Plus they are as likely to be promoted. That said, I am sure we could offer a better contract would be seen as a better long-term option.

It is a definite no. I read a great article by George Caulkin today in which he basically says his father's last wish was for Antony to get Brighton promoted and talks with huge warmth and appreciation of his teammates unexpectedly all coming to his father's funeral.  There's an insight into father and son football banter, when he describes that if he hadn't played well his dad would simply tell him straight 'You were shit.' Made me smile and no doubt him too, despite his apparent sadness.

push the boat out & sign that Knockout bloke from Brighton man

Can't see it, unfortunately. He's had a couple of family tradegies recently and looked as if he really appreciated how the club/his team mates rallied around (must increase his commitment). Plus they are as likely to be promoted. That said, I am sure we could offer a better contract would be seen as a better long-term option.

It is a definite no. I read a great article by George Caulkin today in which he basically says his father's last wish was for Antony to get Brighton promoted and talks with huge warmth and appreciation of his teammates unexpectedly all coming to his father's funeral.  There's an insight into father and son football banter, when he describes that if he hadn't played well his dad would simply tell him straight 'You were s***.' Made me smile and no doubt him too, despite his apparent sadness.

Hughton probably had a word with the squad and then popped him to get him to stay.

The days of NUFC being a top draw for players are well and truly over, at least for the foreseeable future.

Once KK got us promoted, lots of players wanted to join us and that continued throughout the 90s and a few years after because SBR eventually took over.

Once players saw what happened with KK after Ashley took over and then the shambles of relegation they began to be wary and we only wanted to sign players who were below a certain age or foreign...usually French.

We got lucky with Cabaye and at first, Tiote but when we failed to strengthen the squad properly after finishing 5th, we began to acquire the reputation of being cheapskates and unambitious...this has carried over to today's transfer window and top players - whether they be in the PL or Champ lge are not necessarily going to be in a rush to join us.

Our lack of success in the past few years is going to raise red flags with decent foreign players too and in my view we will not be a magnet for decent players until we get promoted...even with Rafa at the helm - unless we pay stupid fees.

If moderate players like Cleverley want to sign for the likes of Watford above us, it highlights the problem we face.

We may make a signing or two, we may not, but Knockaert staying at Brighton is no surprise really. They have at least as good a chance of promotion, are playing better and he doesn't have to move.