Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kristan Heneage‏

@KHeneage

Breakthrough for #NUFC? Uruguayan media claim Diego Rolan is heading to SJP

All other reports say that he's joining Fulham. Already in London and medical happening today.

Hopefully, his record is awful.

Kristan Heneage‏

@KHeneage

All other reports say that he's joining Fulham. Already in London and medical happening today.

Awful? Really?

Kristan Heneage‏

@KHeneage

Awful? Really?

121 apps, 33 goals.

Kristan Heneage‏

@KHeneage

Awful? Really?

pretty awful. Another Riviere in my opinion, if he can't score 10 goals a season in the french league then I can't see him scoring many here.

Kristan Heneage‏

@KHeneage

Awful? Really?

Yeah, worse record than Rivière. Don't think he has managed double figures in the league in a season either.

Kristan Heneage‏

@KHeneage

Awful? Really?

Yeah, worse record than Rivière. Don't think he has managed double figures in the league in a season either.

Would be very underwhelming. Hope he's off to Fulham.

I maybe wrong about this but I'm pretty sure Rolan spent the majority of his career as a winger which may explain his record.

I could be getting confused with someone else mind, France is full of those types.

I don't really want him regardless mind :lol:

I maybe wrong about this but I'm pretty sure Rolan spent the majority of his career as a winger which may explain his record.

I could be getting confused with someone else mind, France is full of those types.

I don't really want him regardless mind :lol:

looked at transfermarketd and he seemed to play the majority of last season through the centre.

I really hope there is something to the Gibbs and Jenkinson rumours. Get those in and our defence work is done at least.

Gibbs would be good but undecided on Jenkinson.

I think he'd be worth a shot for a few million, we need another body there ideally but its not a priority position.

Fwiw, Craig Hope was saying yesterday that we only focus on one deal at a time, so I wouldn't be expecting an influx of players at any time.

So January 2016 and last summer we only went for one at a time? Find that highly doubtful tbh.

As you said, it's a failure and needs an overhaul. As much as I rate him more than most it's an absolute embarrassment that Paul Dummett's the best player to come through the setup in the past decade.

Better than Andy Carroll?

Carroll made his debut nearly 11 years ago, to be fair.

Are we f***ing skint or something? :lol: Frustrated how f***ing slow we are... (total lack of ambition is how it feels)

No clue, and it is incredibly frustrating. The thing I'm desperately clinging on to is the fact that Rafa is still here, so something must be happening behind the scenes in terms of bringing players in. Surely?

As you said, it's a failure and needs an overhaul. As much as I rate him more than most it's an absolute embarrassment that Paul Dummett's the best player to come through the setup in the past decade.

Better than Andy Carroll?

Carroll made his debut nearly 11 years ago, to be fair.

Christ. Time flies when you're having fun. :anguish: