Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

TV revenue has increased by 2.5 times since 2015

A £6million player in 2015 would be worth £15million in 2017 going by the same increase.

It makes total sense I'm getting bored of seeing fans complain 'games gone mad' while they sit watching Sky Sports News that they've paid £80 a month for to fund said transfers  :lol:

Acquah's given name is Ebenezer... E's Good song... I want him!

I hope he isn't a Scrooge when it comes to contract negotiations

What was that?...

Surely you have heard of Ebenezer Scrooge from Charles Dicken's A Christmas Carol

A £6million player in 2015 would be worth £15million in 2017 going by the same increase.

It makes total sense I'm getting bored of seeing fans complain 'games gone mad' while they sit watching Sky Sports News that they've paid £80 a month for to fund said transfers  :lol:

Is that true? The number I've seen was a total 70% increase on the old tv deal.

:thup:

Guest neesy111

It hasn't went up 2.5x fold, I believe that is only the foreign TV deals which are smaller in size.  The domestic rights was an increase of 71%.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-31379128

Who's still paying for it though? Kodi has done the job for me for several years now

Sky gave me everything except the line rental and broadband free for12 months plus £100 credit when I told them I wanted to cancel for the duration of my wife's maternity leave.

Who's still paying for it though? Kodi has done the job for me for several years now

Watch your letterbox.

Watch your letterbox.

Nah, an ISP can only send you out a letter telling you to be careful etc, or that you're using too much bandwidth and slow things down.

Also if it's run through a VPN it would even be harder or next to impossible for them to know.

The party will be over eventually, but not for a long while yet. Andoid boxes going mainstream will speed up the process but as soon as something is shut down, something else and more complicated will take it's place.

The nerds who created all this file sharing will stay faithful to it's ethos, these guys will always be smarter and steps ahead of the people the companies employ to deter them.

Guest neesy111

Watch your letterbox.

Nah, an ISP can only send you out a letter telling you to be careful etc, or that you're using too much bandwidth and slow things down.

Also if it's run through a VPN it would even be harder or next to impossible for them to know.

The party will be over eventually, but not for a long while yet. Andoid boxes going mainstream will speed up the process but as soon as something is shut down, something else and more complicated will take it's place.

The nerds who created all this file sharing will stay faithful to it's ethos, these guys will always be smarter and steps ahead of the people the companies employ to deter them.

You're breaking the forum rules talking about streams.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Premier League suddenly had their own streaming service like NHL, and WWE do. I think they may very well do that internationally instead of auctioning them off the next time.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Premier League suddenly had their own streaming service like NHL, and WWE do. I think they may very well do that internationally instead of auctioning them off the next time.

The only problem I see with that is that that's not their business's core competency. They'd have to make massive internal investment to get the tech set up, hire on air (on stream) personalities, negotiate new streaming sponsorship deals etc etc.

Far easier for them to just keep farming it out to people who already have all that in place and charge them an arm and two legs for it.