Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

With Ashley it should always be a case of guilty until proven innocent. Don't know how anyone can be relaxed at this stage with no transfers (other than Atsu which is just us standing still from last season) when so much work is needed on the squad.

With Ashley it should always be a case of guilty until proven innocent. Don't know how anyone can be relaxed at this stage with no transfers (other than Atsu which is just us standing still from last season) when so much work is needed on the squad.

Because we have no effect on transfers. Its just getting yourself wound up over something you can't change. Much better to just put it to the back of your mind and forget about it for a while and just check every so often.

I wouldn't say I was in either camp. I just think that with talk of Ashley inviting bids etc, that any transfers of decent clout wouldn't be done until the championship turnover year ends (June 30th) in order to make the figures not look so bad for prying eyes.

If by this time in 2 weeks that we've still done nowt then it's a time to be concerned but spending nowt or £100m, my feelings of the sausage fingered fraud will never be changed with him at best, like now, just being tolerated amidst the backdrop of seeming calm.

Because we have no effect on transfers. Its just getting yourself wound up over something you can't change. Much better to just put it to the back of your mind and forget about it for a while and just check every so often.

To me that's not a reason to be relaxed. We've all followed football and this club long enough to know what's facing us next season and we've all had 10 years of Mike Ashley doing the stupidest things imaginable. He certainly has no benefit of the doubt from me and I won't start relaxing until I see the necessary amount of players through the door before the season kicks off. So far there is no evidence of that happening at all.

Absolute joke that we'll be going into pre-season training with a squad that's worse than it was for our last game of the season.

Its not though. Saivet and De Jong, poor as they are. Offset the release of a poor right back who was exposed for pace horribly at the back end of last season.

Guest palnese

Absolute joke that we'll be going into pre-season training with a squad that's worse than it was for our last game of the season.

How is it worse?

Its not though. Saivet and De Jong, poor as they are. Offset the release of a poor right back who was exposed for pace horribly at the back end of last season.

Anita played more games last season than Saivet and De Jong has done in their NUFC careers combined. Plus Gouffran still hasn't signed a new contract either (and hopefully he won't)

Guest reefatoon

Come on man July, there are literally 207 players hanging around outside the club gates waiting to get in.

So the last time we were in the Premier League, the club made 5m profit, taking into account 70m spent. The TV money for that year was 70m.

The drop in TV money during our year in the Championship, factoring in the parachute payments, was around 30m. We made a 30m profit on transfers, which balanced out the drop in TV money. I'm guessing we'll be showing a very similar P&L compared to the year before, roughly around -10m to +10m, probably with a slight loss.

We're up again now. Finishing 20th next year will net us a minimum of 100m in TV money. That's 30m more than the last time we were in the league. Last time, we also had a net spend of 70m. Our wages were 75m the last time we were in the league, assume a 25% rise after transfers for the upcoming season, we're looking at around 95m in wages. We should be able to spend, comfortably 90m this year.

If there is the expectation to finish top 12, for example, we should be able to spend close to 120m net.

Just something to consider when analyzing our transfers after the window closes.

When we sold Sissoko, Spurs paid a small first instalment and are due to pay the balance this summer... when is that supposed to go through?

A fair chunk of it paid off Townsend and Yedlin.