Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Independent:

Newcastle United are at the front of the queue to sign Liverpool winger Sheyi Ojo on loan for next season.

Jürgen Klopp is happy to loan out the 20-year-old after a frustrating season at Anfield, in which Ojo made just one start and one substitute appearance, both in the FA Cup, both against Plymouth Argyle.

But Rafael Benitez wants to add pace to his squad for their first season back in the Premier League and has identified Ojo as a player who can help them to stay in the top flight.

The Independent:

Newcastle United are at the front of the queue to sign Liverpool winger Sheyi Ojo on loan for next season.

Jürgen Klopp is happy to loan out the 20-year-old after a frustrating season at Anfield, in which Ojo made just one start and one substitute appearance, both in the FA Cup, both against Plymouth Argyle.

But Rafael Benitez wants to add pace to his squad for their first season back in the Premier League and has identified Ojo as a player who can help them to stay in the top flight.

I think the Indy link us with George Thomas from Coventry today too. Sounds like someone from WW1.

If we don't sign a few Players by Monday I reckon there will be a lot of people shitting their knickers. Still hopeful we will be in good shape by time season starts but nice to see a bit progress in next week or so.

Guest neesy111

Glad to see that despite last season, people are still forgetting that we need a squad of players including some players who will be signed as backup options.

Exactly, I expected plenty to be leaving as well as new signings.  The likes of murphy and hanley won't be kept on.

Though I don't like loaning players from other PL teams.

Opened talks apparently:

Massively underwhelmed if ojo on loan is the limit of our ambitions.

A good signing. Loaning kids maybe a good move, get a good relationship when they are available for transfer after being pushed out by foreign imports. We need 8-10 new players we are going to have get some loans, Rafa has put the feelers out for any young Real lads.