Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I don’t really understand he blew over half the budget on Murphy agruement,do we not think fatty moved the goalposts as the window progressed. I find it very hard to believe after we won the championship, Benitez sat down with fat Mike and he said right Rafa uve got £20mill to spend in the summer and Rafa said that’s great Mike sign me up for another season!

When Rafa sat down with Ashley and penfold after promotion last May everything was agreed and Rafa was very happy (he even cancelled his holidays) but as the summer wore on if became obvious Ashley had sold him a pack of lies I will never trust Ashley so long as he is here

I don’t really understand he blew over half the budget on Murphy agruement,do we not think fatty moved the goalposts as the window progressed. I find it very hard to believe after we won the championship, Benitez sat down with fat Mike and he said right Rafa uve got £20mill to spend in the summer and Rafa said that’s great Mike sign me up for another season!

100%, I'm absolutely dumbfounded we've still got idiots saying things like that. Rafa got whatever Mike was happy to sign off, simple as that. Murphys transfer only went through cos he's young and English so Mike could see pound signs. It's not as if Rafa could have spent that money on who he wanted most.

Isn't he pretty pacey?  Something I think we massively lack in this squad.  I'm sure he looked ok for Blackburn, but couldn't score to save his life.  Then he suddenly hit a bit of form for Bournemouth and started banging them in. 

Just worried that is more of a purple patch and he's not really the answer to our goal scoring woes.  However, he'd be the best striking option if he signed.  Although that isn't necessarily a massive compliment. 

Guest Howaythetoon

Looked excellent against us, I’d be happy for someone who doesn’t score a shit load as long as they benefitted the team in a major way which he would with his pace, running and strength. He’s a handful and only Mitro is for us and we all know he’s not gonna get game time. I wouldn't be splashing silly money on him mind.

Not sure I'd go for King - pretty certain that on a stats basis, he was just running hot last season and has reverted to type this season.

More than likely, but with our budget, these are the sort of signings we will get. Then fans will moan that Rafa has wasted the money on poor signings if it didn't work out.

Josh King has a great dynamism, but the stats people seem to think his goals in the second half of last season are a classic case of an unsustainable hot streak.

https://statsbomb.com/2017/07/joshua-king-and-the-hot-foot/

With a player in hot form, an increasingly mad market, and inflated fees in January, there is a real risk of overpaying.

fwiw, for stats people, another classic case of a hot streak was us finishing fifth under Pardew.

Dominick Drexler is a Newcastle United transfer targetafter an exceptional start to the season with Bundesliga 2 side Holstein Kiel, according to Kicker.

The German attacking midfielder has scored eight goals and assisted six times in 16 appearances, prompting speculation of a move. Aston Villa and Cardiff City are also said to be interested.

Dominick Drexler is a Newcastle United transfer targetafter an exceptional start to the season with Bundesliga 2 side Holstein Kiel, according to Kicker.

The German attacking midfielder has scored eight goals and assisted six times in 16 appearances, prompting speculation of a move. Aston Villa and Cardiff City are also said to be interested.

At 27 and playing in the German second division, that's a big risk imo. Shows us no signs that he will be better than what we've got. I'm sure Gayle or Mitrovic would tear up that league.