Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lascelles, Gayle, Merino, Yedlin, Ritchie, Atsu, Hayden are all players I'd say are better. Naturally I'd also include Mitro, but he never gets to play, so yeah :lol: I'd even be inclined to say that Saivet is better, based only on his last appereanced. Fuck Shelvey.

We know Slimani's s***, so I'd go with Dembele.

We know Slimani's s***, so I'd go with Dembele.

Look what happened the last time we signed a young striker who scored goals in a lesser league and relied on him to stay up.

Comparing the Scottish league to the Belgian one is flawed as well, as the Belgian league at least has some good teams in it. Scottish league is four spots beneath Azerbaijan on the UEFA league rankings, fwiw :lol:

How the fuck is Hayden better than Shelvey? :lol:

Like what attribute in his game is better? The only one I'll give him is hard work and trust he'll give his all.

Don't get me wrong I'm all for selling Shelvey in the long run when we can afford to do it, but as it stands we have a shit squad and Shelvey just so happens to be one of the better of our shit players.

Hayden has the same pass accuracy, better shot accuracy, zero red cards, for starters.

Shelvey has created three more chances though, to be fair to him.

'Zero red cards' :lol:

Clutching at straws there.

If he has the same pass accuracy then he needs to seriously improve it because 90% of Hayden's passes are 5 yards or less whereas a large chunk of Shelvey's are 40-50 yards.

Hayden has the same pass accuracy, better shot accuracy, zero red cards, for starters.

If he has the same pass accuracy then he needs to seriously improve it because 90% of Hayden's passes are 5 yards or less whereas a large chunk of Shelvey's are 40-50 yards.

Shelvey on average passes 7 metres longer than Hayden. Hayden in turns plays in a more defensive position, so it's only natural he passes shorter.

Shelvey this weeks villain I see  :lol:

He's quite blatantly better than pretty much all the players mentioned in the past few posts. Certain areas of his game are near enough second to none, why do Newcastle fans self-sabotage so much? He's not perfect, obviously, but he doesn't need to be ffs, we're a lower to mid-table (at best) Premier League club at present, we should be appreciating decent players like Shelvey not holding weird grudges against them.

We don't have many good players. Shelvey is a top Championship team player, at best. We need to improve on players like Shelvey. If you look at stats (which I know some people hate and others love), he's barely doing more for the team than Joselu when he's on the pitch.

Naturally, if we sell him to not get someone better in, it's suicide.

Shelvey on average passes 7 metres longer than Hayden. Hayden in turns plays in a more defensive position, so it's only natural he passes shorter.

Course he does, he isn't capable of making telling passes forward.

He’s s*** man :lol:

Just so blatantly wrong that's it's not even worth engaging you on why  :lol:

Stats don't lie. Neither does eyes. He's much more of a liability than an asset. Would be happy to see the end of him (if we replace him).

He's quite blatantly better than pretty much all the players mentioned in the past few posts. Certain areas of his game are near enough second to none, why do Newcastle fans self-sabotage so much? He's not perfect, obviously, but he doesn't need to be ffs, we're a lower to mid-table (at best) Premier League club at present, we should be appreciating decent players like Shelvey not holding weird grudges against them.

What areas of his game are second to none? He's a good passer, that's it

Erm, you said it yourself - passing...  :lol:

When we're actually playing on the front foot and have possession for decent stints, Shelvey is comfortably the best & most talented player in our squad.

And even then, as mentioned, his pass completion percentage is lower than Hayden, Atsu, Merino and Diame this season. (Aarons as well in his few appereances).

People are seriously advocating getting rid of Shelvey? Have you seen the quality of our squad? Do you trust Mike Ashley to fund even a like or like (ability wise) replacement?

We need more quality, to join the squad and compete with Shelvey. He's one of the more talented players in our squad, playing in a team with little quality. He's more than capable at this level with better players around him.

And even then, as mentioned, his pass completion percentage is lower than Hayden, Merino and Diame.

And this is a perfect example of why stats don't give you the full picture.

And even then, as mentioned, his pass completion percentage is lower than Hayden, Merino and Diame.

Which is why I use my eyes as well. Can't wait until he's stinking up another team instead of us.

Which is why I use my eyes as well. Can't wait until he's stinking up another team instead of us.

And using your eyes, the best passer in our team is?

And using your eyes, the best passer in our team is?

Merino, by a country mile.