Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We've been consistently linked to Slimani though. Why the pretence we haven't been linked to higher profile players? So weird man.

We were linked with Cenc Tosun over two months ago in one of the Sunday rags, now he's supposedly heading for Everton. It could be that Slimani was our no 1 target all along, and that is why we've not pursued Tosun.

I fairness it's not just a couple of rags, it's been pretty consistent for months now. I definitely think Rafa wants him, but obviously with the takeover situation that isn't happening.

Aye. Like trying to muscle in on a title winning strike partnership. [emoji38]

Seems like a more mobile, more prolific Mitrovic to me. I think he'd be brilliant. Could be what Carroll & Ba were for us 2010-2012.

Id recommend you actually ask some Leicester fans what he is like.

My old Area Manager at Vauxhall is one and said he's surprised he wasn't given more chances. :thup:

Guest neesy111

Seems like a more mobile, more prolific Mitrovic to me. I think he'd be brilliant. Could be what Carroll & Ba were for us 2010-2012.

My old Area Manager at Vauxhall is one and said he's surprised he wasn't given more chances. :thup:

My mate says he's shite and has the first touch of a cement mixer.

My mate says he's shite and has the first touch of a cement mixer.

Your two mates should have a fight to see who is right

Slimani man. 7 goals in 30 league appearances so far. He's hardly gonna start setting the world alight. Crap signing and stinks of relegation.

Howay man thought you were better than that. He's played more than 20 minutes just once this season in 8 sub apps. He'll get a lot more games here with not having an already established pairing of Vardy & Okazaki to contend with.

14 starts, 19 sub apps with 7 goals and 5 assists at a goal every 200 minutes. He was Rafa's main target had we stayed up last time by several accounts so is obviously someone he likes. I think he'd be a great signing for us.

Don't waste your breath man. He doesn't get a game for Leicester and so must be garbage. Bloody ridiculous people man.

I said he wasn’t high profile, I didn’t say he was garbage. I have seen very little of him, buying a player that can’t even make the bench dosnt fill me with confidence tho

I like him, by the way. I think he's a good footballer, just don't think he'll score loads and loads of goals if he comes. Will hold on to it better than Gayle or Joselu though, and is certainly a better footballer, which is all I really care about right now. If we can get someone better than what we have in attack, we have to go for it.

Slimani man. 7 goals in 30 league appearances so far. He's hardly gonna start setting the world alight. Crap signing and stinks of relegation.

Howay man thought you were better than that. He's played more than 20 minutes just once this season in 8 sub apps. He'll get a lot more games here with not having an already established pairing of Vardy & Okazaki to contend with.

14 starts, 19 sub apps with 7 goals and 5 assists at a goal every 200 minutes. He was Rafa's main target had we stayed up last time by several accounts so is obviously someone he likes. I think he'd be a great signing for us.

Don't waste your breath man. He doesn't get a game for Leicester and so must be garbage. Bloody ridiculous people man.

Ashley might have downgraded your expectations about what is acceptable or not but he hasn't for me like.

We've spent basically fuck all despite having our most competent manager since fuck knows when. We're staring down the barrel at relegation and we're in desperate need of a striker. Sugar coat it in terms of starts all you want (which probably tells it's own story) but the likes of Slimani on loan is not fucking good enough given how critical January is. Assuming this is true you've got the likes of Brighton bidding 18m for Dembele and we're having to rely a Leicester cast off finding a bit of form. It's rank, as per usual.

What makes Dembele any more suited than Slimani in this position like? An SPL/Championship striker.

It's more the ambition being shown despite us being desperate like.

Don't we need a new owner before we can expect to see any change in that direction?

What makes Dembele any more suited than Slimani in this position like? An SPL/Championship striker.

It's more the ambition being shown despite us being desperate like.

Don't we need a new owner before we can expect to see any change in that direction?

If he wants to sell the club it's in the best interests of that cancerous slug that owns us to keep us in the PL rather than saving a few pennies.