Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why can't we agree transfers before Jan.  Liverpool have agreed deal for van dijk and Everton have agreed deal to sign cenk to sun.  We don't even seem to start looking for players until the window opens.

Rafa will have agreed transfers before the 1st Jan, if he's being backed at least. Doubtful he will be though.

I really hope we don’t see Danny Ings as an answer to our problems. He reeks of squad filler.

Minus his injuries he's a really good premiership quality striker. I struggle to think when we've had something as decent as him upfront.

Is he more proven than Gayle in the PL? Don't think so.

I really hope we don’t see Danny Ings as an answer to our problems. He reeks of squad filler.

Minus his injuries he's a really good premiership quality striker. I struggle to think when we've had something as decent as him upfront.

:lol:

(Hope that wasn't a serious post)

Go on, get the stats out.

Ings has scored 13 Premier League goals in his career.

Is Slimani mobile enough to play as a striker for Rafa? He was obviously hot s*** in Portugal but f*** knows tbh

I'd say quicker than Mitrovic and Joselu but he'll not be turning the opposition defence all the time.

Yeah when I saw him he looked like a more mobile version of Mitro, when Rafa generally prefers players with mobility of the likes of Vardy no?

Is Slimani mobile enough to play as a striker for Rafa? He was obviously hot s*** in Portugal but f*** knows tbh

I'd say quicker than Mitrovic and Joselu but he'll not be turning the opposition defence all the time.

Yeah when I saw him he looked like a more mobile version of Mitro, when Rafa generally prefers players with mobility of the likes of Vardy no?

Have only seen clips of him but he did look mobile. I'd be surprised if he fetched a fee of £25m if he's got the touch of a donkey though, but who knows? Maybe the Leicester fans have more to go on than us having watched him turn out for them a few times.

Ings has scored 13 Premier League goals in his career.

Ings is 13 in 43, 11 of which were in 1 season, so he's a double figures striker in a relegation performing team.

Gayle is 18 in 80, 7 being his highest.

Neither are proven, but Ings is down to injury, Gayle's reasons for limited starts are much more questionable.

Gayle was also played on the wing by Pards. He also hardly played for much more than relegation/lower-half table teams.

From what I've seen of Gayle even this season, I reckon he'd score goals in the Premier if he was starting regularly. Not enough though to justify playing him as a lone striker though and that's the problem.

Gayle was also played on the wing by Pards. He also hardly played for much more than relegation/lower-half table teams.

That is true, but he was played there as he's not a lone striker, which is something that is critical in a Rafa setup. Ings would suit us more.

I'm still 50/50 due to his injuries, however had he not have them we'd be nowhere near signing him either.

In the Mirror. Underwhelming:

Willock in demand

Newcastle and Bournemouth head the queue of clubs keen to take Benfica’s English starlet Chris Willock on loan next month.

Forward Willock, 19, quit Arsenal to join Benfica in the summer.

He has featured 11 times for their B-team and trained with the first team every day.

But the Portuguese club are ready to let him go out on loan to accelerate his development with regular first team football and interest in Willock is mounting.

As well as Newcastle and Bournemouth, Leeds and Millwall are among a number of Championship clubs also eyeing Willock, who has played for England from under-16 up to under-20 level.