Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We should sell him in the summer, but I wouldn't sell him now (unless we have Saudi money).

I wouldn't mind keeping him, but as a back up, and I'm not sure he'd be happy with being a squad player. But he's really not good enough if we do get serious money to spend in the summer.

Guest Howaythetoon

Even if we get taken over, I wouldn't want to sell him right now as he'd be a handy squad player to have. Mind I don't rate him at all!

Lol. Matt Ritchie is comfortably in our top 5 players. Our fans can be right weirdos.

Thats actually a very good question. Who would people say are our 5 best players?

I'd go with: Merino, Lascelles, Shelvey, Ritchie, Atsu.

Lol. Matt Ritchie is comfortably in our top 5 players. Our fans can be right weirdos.

Thats actually a very good question. Who would people say are our 5 best players?

I'd go with: Merino, Lascelles, Shelvey, Ritchie, Atsu.

Tells you everything when they are considered our best players.

Gayle & Murphy better than Ritchie & Shelvey  :lol:

Fair enough, fair enough. Entitled to your opinion ofc.

Murphy is very raw, but you can see the potential in him to become our best player. Gayle I just don't really like as a player tbh, and considering his play style doesn't really contribute to the overall team, and he is only there to put the ball in the back of the net, he hasn't done it enough this season for me, and has even missed a fair few chances that he should have scored.

Guest Howaythetoon

Gayle scores us goals, Ritchie and Shelvey don't and while Ritchie does create them (mainly from set pieces) he could never do what Murphy did to set up Perez for our winner against Stoke.

Guest Howaythetoon

Anyway it should never be about our best players, it should be about our important players that make the team tick that much better or gives us what we need. I'd have the 5 I chose over any of the others first in my starting 11.

Anyway it should never be about our best players, it should be about our important players that make the team tick that much better or gives us what we need. I'd have the 5 I chose over any of the others first in my starting 11.

Ofcourse, thats true :thup: In terms of most important players, i'd probably go: Lascelles, Shelvey, Merino, Atsu, Yedlin in that order.

Murphy is very raw, but you can see the potential in him to become our best player. Gayle I just don't really like as a player tbh, and considering his play style doesn't really contribute to the overall team, and he is only there to put the ball in the back of the net, he hasn't done it enough this season for me, and has even missed a fair few chances that he should have scored.

Ritchie is the punching bag of the week for some bizarre reason. He's a very good player and we would probably be in the bottom 3 without his contribution this season. Enough said really.

As for Gayle, he's okay. Nothing more. Our best performance from a striker all season was from Perez last game, despite having not played in that position for years. Says it all.

We need him right now, regardless of who we might possibly potentially get in January. At the moment him and Lascelles seems to be the top two influencial players in our squad that keeps the others on their toes and spurs on the never surrender attitude we've been lacking for years.

Edit: I don't really rate him as a player either btw, but we can't risk losing the good squad mentality we have when in a relegation battle.

Guest firetotheworks

Ritchie is not a very good player like, he is extremely limited and quite average.

While that might be true (I think it's very harsh, personally) the context here is that he's still one of our better players as things stand.