Group B - Wales (Q), England (Q), Slovakia (Q), Russia

Wullie

Guest chopey

Plans for an all day session on the drink watching England on Saturday ruined. Christ sake.

This is the absolute worst part of it.

When is the fixture now?

Monday

I don't feel like the changes had anything to do with it like, other than the fact Henderson shouldn't even be in the squad, he is garbage. The team has a real problem against teams that sit deep and there's nobody in the squad able to really affect that. This pass-pass-pass on the edge of the box doesn't suit England at all because there's nobody with the ability of an Iniesta to pass through the eye of a needle. We just get impatient and either do a Nicky Butt chip into touch or blast it over the bar.

IMO, we could have done with giving Slovakia the ball more and letting them come to us. Our best chance came with Vardy over the top.

Plans for an all day session on the drink watching England on Saturday ruined. Christ sake.

This is the absolute worst part of it.

When is the fixture now?

Monday night. Bah.

Worst part of it. Someone is going to start noticing these 2 hour lunches.

Guest neesy111

I don't feel like the changes had anything to do with it like, other than the fact Henderson shouldn't even be in the squad, he is garbage. The team has a real problem against teams that sit deep and there's nobody in the squad able to really affect that. This pass-pass-pass on the edge of the box doesn't suit England at all because there's nobody with the ability of an Iniesta to pass through the eye of a needle. We just get impatient and either do a Nicky Butt chip into touch or blast it over the bar.

IMO, we could have done with giving Slovakia the ball more and letting them come to us. Our best chance came with Vardy over the top.

This.

Aye, the attacking changes were for the best and the fullbacks were pretty much indistinguishable. The less said about Henderson the better.

The midfield hasn't really functioned with or without the changes to be honest. I was happy with us trying something new because it hasn't clicked there and our forwards aren't getting chances. There's a lack of creativity.

That said, fuck Slovakia and fuck 24 team tournaments. If they wanted to expand it just make it 32 teams be done with it.

Did I watch a different game to this lot? Going on and on about England creating tons of chances? ???

It's fucking ridiculous that Carroll isn't there like. Woy doesn't seem to understand the concept of Plan B at all.

Roy's an idiot. Arrogance has cost us.

Wholeheartedly agree.

I've surprised myself with my ragefulness at the culture of arrogance being cascaded from the top. Hodgson was incompetent not to start and stick with Vardy during the pre-tournament friendlies, but having identified players who believes are starters, or integral cogs in the team he's building, he continues to rotate them out even during the tournament proper. I don't agree with Rooney starting but clearly Hodgson believes him to be the main man in the team, yet he didn't even try to integrate his "best" players by letting them play together. In a fucking competitive game.

This bled into the players, who played teams camped firmly in their own box with no urgency. Each time just assuming that the goal would come. The Wales game reinforced this fallacy. It's disrespectful and has resulted in egg on their face.

Congratulations to Wales. They're not that great, and it benefited them that both Russia/Slovakia both felt they could have a go at them, but they still had to walk the walk. They were committed and professional.

Roy's an idiot. Arrogance has cost us.

Wholeheartedly agree.

I've surprised myself with my ragefulness at the culture of arrogance being cascaded from the top. Hodgson was incompetent not to start and stick with Vardy during the pre-tournament friendlies, but having identified players who believes are starters, or integral cogs in the team he's building, he continues to rotate them out even during the tournament proper. I don't agree with Rooney starting but clearly Hodgson believes him to be the main man in the team, yet he didn't even try to integrate his "best" players by letting them play together. In a fucking competitive game.

This bled into the players, who played teams camped firmly in their own box with no urgency. Each time just assuming that the goal would come. The Wales game reinforced this fallacy. It's disrespectful and has resulted in egg on their face.

Congratulations to Wales. They're not the great, and it benefited them that both Russia/Slovakia both felt they could have a go at them, but they still had to walk the walk. They were committed and professional.

:thup:

Wales needed to win and made one change. I can't see any other team in the tournament that needs to win their final game changing six players for it. Absolutely ridiculous.

Guest neesy111

Did I watch a different game to this lot? Going on and on about England creating tons of chances? ???

It's fucking ridiculous that Carroll isn't there like. Woy doesn't seem to understand the concept of Plan B at all.

Ian wright is on drugs.