Group B - Wales (Q), England (Q), Slovakia (Q), Russia

Wullie

So what results can put Portugal 2nd? Only if both they and Iceland win?

Portugal have looked bad imo and might even lose to Hungary. Ideally we want Iceland (already my second team after their heroics).

Guest firetotheworks

I don't know if I can deal with watching a team that I want to win play against a team with Pepe in it like. He should be serving bans for the multiple, shameless times that he's cheated.

I don't feel like the changes had anything to do with it like, other than the fact Henderson shouldn't even be in the squad, he is garbage. The team has a real problem against teams that sit deep and there's nobody in the squad able to really affect that. This pass-pass-pass on the edge of the box doesn't suit England at all because there's nobody with the ability of an Iniesta to pass through the eye of a needle. We just get impatient and either do a Nicky Butt chip into touch or blast it over the bar.

IMO, we could have done with giving Slovakia the ball more and letting them come to us. Our best chance came with Vardy over the top.

Spot on this.

I think we control games well and pen the opposition well back in their half, but our only play is to knock it to a full back for a shit cross or bring it inside for Dier to sit there with endless amount of bodies in front him and nothing simple on.

If we had quality and the ambition to try some sneaky slick passes we could cause damage, but we really don't have that quality. Henderson off and leave Wilshere on would have helped. Rashford over Kane probably would have been more dynamic.

Today it was all about the Vardy 1 on 1. If that's in then Slovakia have to come out an attack and it's a different game for England.

Arrogance continued:

England goalkeeper Joe Hart: "We all wanted to finish top but we didn't. We have dominated every corner of the pitch and every Slovakian player will be proud of that result. We are into the next round and nobody will want to play us. I haven't had anything to do in the whole tournament to be honest. We have been playing very well as a team."

You had Gareth Bale's freekick to keep out actually, you dandruff free cunt.

Arrogance continued:

England goalkeeper Joe Hart: "We all wanted to finish top but we didn't. We have dominated every corner of the pitch and every Slovakian player will be proud of that result. We are into the next round and nobody will want to play us. I haven't had anything to do in the whole tournament to be honest. We have been playing very well as a team."

You had Gareth Bales freekick to keep out actually, you dandruff free cunt.

:lol:

True story.

You'd think England players would have the sense not to keep rattling on about how dominant they were given the way Leicester put all their teams (other than obviously Vardy) to the sword by letting the daft cunts have the ball all game and do nowt with it.

Roy's an idiot. Arrogance has cost us.

Whether or not we'd have won without them, dropping our two most creative players for Wiltshere who hasn't played all season and Henderson whose shite is riddiculous. Neither of these players should be at this tournament and to start both against a team who is going to defend for 90 minutes is just incompetence. Taking a gamble when 3 of the best four teams in the competition will in all likelyhoods be on this side of the draw is crazy, and spain are nothing like where they used to be.

The game was actually a lot more open in the first half, prior to them realising how much of a threat Clyne was on the right.

If Roy starts the game with Rooney and Alli in midfield , along with the front three he went with, I'm betting you guys score at least two in the first half.

Looking back it was a bad call. Henderson's delivery was really poor at crucial times, and Wilshere didn't seem ready to start a game.

Roy's an idiot. Arrogance has cost us.

Whether or not we'd have won without them, dropping our two most creative players for Wiltshere who hasn't played all season and Henderson whose s**** is riddiculous. Neither of these players should be at this tournament and to start both against a team who is going to defend for 90 minutes is just incompetence. Taking a gamble when 3 of the best four teams in the competition will in all likelyhoods be on this side of the draw is crazy, and spain are nothing like where they used to be.

So Stupid.  We didn't have 6 points.  Henderson, Wilshere and Bertrand pretty poor.  Rooney could've done with a goal.  Needed to start Vardy with whoever is ahead between Kane and Sturridge.  A good 3-0 is what we needed. 

Don't think it was anything shameful, just couldn't put it away. We only found the killer pass through the defenders on two occasions, but Skrtel off the line and Phil Brown palms Clyne's effort over the top.

Different lineup but it was more-or-less exactly the same set-up. Pile attackers on the edge of the box, suck the defenders in, give the full-backs room - tippy tappy from 20 yards or ping a hopeful cross. Over and over again. And again. It's a decent enough gameplan and it's nice when it works. When it doesn't, we're shafted.

No wingers. :dontknow:

Just seems mad that we rely on full backs so much and we left a winger at home who naturally cuts inside with relative ease most of the time. Would free up so much space for the overlapping right back. Especially as the winger we did take prefers to hug the line

Just seems mad that we rely on full backs so much and we left a winger at home who naturally cuts inside with relative ease most of the time. Would free up so much space for the overlapping right back. Especially as the winger we did take prefers to hug the line

Most fullbacks are failed wingers.  Who attack best with a lot of space to run into. A game plan dependent on fullbacks final ball is doomed for failure for this England side. There's not a top class attacking full back in the squad.

Forgot Milner was in the squad. I'm not a huge fan of his (based mainly on his frustrating time at Newcastle) but at least he hugs the touchline (stretching the backline a bit thinner) and puts a cross in, and his assist record in the season just gone was extremely good. Why is he there if not to give a wide option in a game like tonight, instead of the mass of central players looking to thread a cute pass through ten bodies? Is it just to work hard and try and close the game down when we're 1-0 up? That worked a charm against Russia.

I've seen much worse England teams than this in tournaments but I'm not sure I've seen a messier squad selection.