Group F - Hungary (Q), Iceland (Q), Port (Q), Aus - Hun 3-3 Por | Ice 2-1 Aus

Wullie

http://www.abload.de/img/a32cku.gif

That was before the Europa League final that Benfica lost.

2013. The same exact thing happened in 2014. Crap. In 2014, and to top it all, I had a problem with the return flights so my trip was:

Milano -> Copenhagen -> Brussels -> Lisbon

Yeah. Imagine me in Copenhagen dressed in Benfica's shirt for apparentely no reason and crying in the middle of the airport still in denial.

I don't really know why I still care for football, tbh.

I mean, it's somehow sad. I never had a moment of victory at international levels, with Benfica or Portugal. It's sad.

Can you imagine England losing the EURO final at home against Greece? It's almost funny.

You gotta love the portuguese coach...

«Faltou eficácia na hora da verdade mas vamos à final para vencê-la» - Fernando Santos

22:13 - 18-06-2016

Meaning. "Our accuracy at the decisive moments of the game has been low but we're gonna play the final and win it."

I mean like... He's almost home!  :lol:  :lol: :lol: :lol:

This guy has to put a little bit more of tobacco in the cigars he smokes.

Wales beat Russia, England draw with Slovakia, Portugal beat Hungary, Austria beat Iceland

England v Portugal last 16

B2 v F2

So would be Eng v Hungary/Austria

Theres a couple ways Portugal could finish 2nd though. Not sure how its worked out, if they & Iceland both finish on 3pts with an equal GD & results against eachother does it go to goals scored?

Wales beat Russia, England draw with Slovakia, Portugal beat Hungary, Austria beat Iceland

B2 v F2

Theres a couple ways Portugal could finish 2nd though. Not sure how its worked out, if they & Iceland both finish on 3pts with an equal GD & results against eachother does it go to goals scored?

Shit aye, I was looking at the wrong group :lol:

Iceland beat Austria, Portugal beat Hungary then?

B2 v F2

s*** aye, I was looking at the wrong group :lol:

Yeah, Iceland need to win by atleast the same amount as Portugal and they'll top the group. If Iceland draw 0-0 and Portugal 1-1, then they're equal on GD, Goals scored & it goes to disciplinary apparently. Then rankings.

B2 v F2

s*** aye, I was looking at the wrong group :lol:

Yeah, Iceland need to win by atleast the same amount as Portugal and they'll top the group. If Iceland draw 0-0 and Portugal 1-1, then they're equal on GD, Goals scored & it goes to disciplinary apparently. Then rankings.

I surely don't want to play England. My heart won't take it. I rather accept defeat before playing than playing with my sanity once again.

Flip everyone on the planet puts Cristiano Ronaldo in the top 5 ever, for the simple fact that it's undeniable.

My top 5 is probably Cristiano Ronaldo, Messi, Ronaldo, Zidane and Maradona. Haven't seen enough of your boy to put him up there.

Beckenbauer? Di Stefano? Puskas?

I think many would choose Xavi over Cronaldo too. He most certainly is not "undeniably" in top 5 dude

Cronaldo is top 10 I think, but just scoring goals for fun isn't everything. Especially now in La Liga when 2 big teams have been so dominating for ages..

Who would choose Xavi? I've never heard anyone say that to be honest.

I've barely seen any of the 3 you've mentioned so it's not really fair of me to stick them in a best of list.

When your job is to score goals I'd say scoring goals is pretty important. Ronaldo has done it in Spain and England too. Scored 42 at us in a season. Easily top 5 for me already, and he's not done yet. Him and Messi will be clear 1 and 2 by the time they're finished IMO.

Love that two players like that are around at the same time and I'm at the age to watch it freely.

I think a lot of coaches would actually. And I think they would choose Zizou over Cronaldo too.

By scoring goals I mean his overall impact to his team(s). ZZ scored 2 goals in WC final to win it, and scored again in WC final 2006. Ronaldo scored 2 goals in WC final 2002, and was the best player in his team 1998. These big players rise to the occassion when needed. Messi has been phenomenal in couple of UCL finals. Iniesta again scoring in a WC final. Xavi has been the key playmaker for a decade in team that has won almost everything.

CRonaldo's big moments? Scoring 70 goals against Eibars and Deportivos of modern La Liga? Oh, he did score once in a Copa del Rey final?

Sorry for Offtopic

His teams have been to 6-8 semi finals in the CL and he's the #1 reason for that. Think all bar 1 of his seasons at Real they've gone to the semi's. Compare that record to the same time period before he joined Real the improvement is massive. Again, his last 3 seasons at Man United they won the league every year and ran to the semi's at least.

For me Ronaldo's been a far better Real Madrid player than Zidane. It's not even a question.

Zidane's prime was arguably at Juventus anyway, plus Ronaldo couldn't do what Zidane did for France at the Euros or the WC or what Xavi did for Spain.

Replace Ronaldo on those teams with these players and they are arguably worse teams, it's a totally different argument though. The reason i agree with AY is because too many times over the years in the really massive games Ronaldo has been limited to nothing despite his obscene goal tallies.

In both Real Madrid CL triumphs in the finals he was a non factor, to me when you start taking these type of things i look at moments that decided trophies and Ronaldo's biggest moment is probably the header for Man Yoo in the CL final or the run against Fulham which practically decided the league title.

His career IMO is a blur of goals without many outstanding or memorable moments, when people talk about Xavi or Zidane's career they can point to a multitude of moments which made them amazing but when people talk about Ronaldo they'll likely refer to his stats.

This comes back to the whole Messi "rivalry " as well, a lot of people say Messi is made people underrate Ronaldo. If anything i think it's the opposite, his "rivalry" with Messi to me has glorified his career to the point which wouldn't have happened without him. He's one of the greatest goalscorers i have ever seen but i'll never consider him to be a better player than likes of Zidane or Xavi.

You'll entitled to disagree i just see it differently is all and i get the feeling a lot of people coaching and playing the game will probably see it the same way.

If Zidane or Xavi played for Portugal instead of France and Spain they probably wouldn't have achieved what they did either.

That said I would pick at least Zidane over Ronaldo if I'm ever in a position to take turns picking an all time 11 to win a game. Just being awkward :lol: