Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

:thup: Get it made. Doubt there's anywhere near 5k RAGING GAYS at the match however.

I sit in the corner and I'm pretty sure there's nee puffs sat around where I sit but Ian reckons there's 5k of them at every match so he must have got that figure from somewhere. I don't think i ever had to tell the club of my sexual preferences when i got my season ticket mind.

He was making an estimate based on the % of the population man.

If you don't think there's an issue of homophobia in football, you're deluded. How many out players are there, for example? I've heard it myself loads at games and when playing as a kid. And I'm pretty f***ing sure Newcastle is not a special enlightened exception. Also, "pretty sure there's nee puffs around me"...

And if people don't give a s*** about all that, fair enough. But I fail to see how a Newcastle flag that also represents LGBT pride is something to get annoyed about.

I have my problems with 'modern football', an nufc/pride flag would certainly not be one of those.

I'm not annoyed in the slightest about it. I just don't see the point in it.

It's so people know they are welcome regardless of who they are. When the word puff is getting thrown around in 2017 it quite clearly is needed.

O0

No need for a rainbow flag imo... Whenever I'm at sjp the feeling of acceptance i have, i don't feel that anywhere else ... It doesn't matter what race you are,  it doesn't matter what religion you are , it doesn't matter if your gay, straight or bi ... Where all binded together through black n white we are all UNITED through the love of nufc...

No need for a rainbow flag imo... Whenever I'm at sjp the feeling of acceptance i have, i don't feel that anywhere else ... It doesn't matter what race you are,  it doesn't matter what religion you are , it doesn't matter if your gay, straight or bi ... Where all binded together through black n white we are all UNITED through the love of nufc...

If it doesn't matter, why does it matter?

What ? :lol:

If it doesn't matter what sexuality you are, why is a rainbow flag a problem? If anything it would proudly confirm what you say about SJP feeling inclusive for all.

If it doesn't matter what sexuality you are, why is a rainbow flag a problem? If anything it would proudly confirm what you say about SJP feeling inclusive for all.

I didn't say i opposed the prospect of a rainbow flag at the ground or i was against it , because i would thoroughly support it 100% i just said i think that there was no need for one, as i said we are all one when we go to sjp !!! And that it doesn't/shouldn't Matter what are personal beliefs are, or are sexual orientation  is

I think it's a nice touch tbh. Don't think there's any viable reason to be against it: if A, you're homophobic - fuck off... if B, you think it's 'nowt to do with football' - you're basically missing the point...

I think it's a nice touch tbh. Don't think there's any viable reason to be against it: if A, you're homophobic - f*** off... if B, you think it's 'nowt to do with football' - you're basically missing the point...

There is no point in it, that is the point. Everyone is welcome at SJP these days, black, white, gay, straight, male, female etc. We don't need to start holding flags up to prove it. Those who attend see it for themselves. A gay person is the same as me, all except for their sexual preference. They are welcome at St James' Park and I don't need to wave a flag around to show that to draw attention to them.

I think it's a nice touch tbh. Don't think there's any viable reason to be against it: if A, you're homophobic - f*** off... if B, you think it's 'nowt to do with football' - you're basically missing the point...

There is no point in it, that is the point. Everyone is welcome at SJP these days, black, white, gay, straight, male, female etc. We don't need to start holding flags up to prove it. Those who attend see it for themselves. A gay person is the same as me, all except for their sexual preference. They are welcome at St James' Park and I don't need to wave a flag around to show that to draw attention to them.

Shall we stop the kick it out campaign?

I think there's every point in displaying inclusiveness tbh. The subject matter isn't even necessarily relevant - but since we're discussing this subject: in this climate where homosexuality in football is very much unexposed and a fragile, emotive subject that negatively effects many people - I think it's a nice touch and worthy of its place among the rest of the flags.

Guest firetotheworks

Darren Curry having a problem with a flag ffs. [emoji38] [emoji38]

Canny embarrassed by the reactions on here tbh. I agree with Dave, if it doesn't matter then you shouldn't have a problem with it, not the other way around.

:anguish:

Almost like you'd be able to spot one in a crowd of people, aye. "They" must stick out like a sore thumb.

I think there's every point in displaying inclusiveness tbh. The subject matter isn't even necessarily relevant - but since we're discussing this subject: in this climate where homosexuality in football is very much unexposed and a fragile, emotive subject that negatively effects many people - I think it's a nice touch and worthy of its place among the rest of the flags.

Suppose we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. I'd rather Gallowgate Flags concentrated on football themed displays but can see your PoV. I've donated to Gallowgate Flags on several occasions but this isn't something I'd support.