The Last 16 - Qualified - Pol, Wal, Por, Fra, Ger, Bel, Ita, Ice

Iceland wont defend all game though, they will atleast try to counter & push men forwards. It wont be like the Slovakia game, that was an entire side behind the ball. Russia didnt go forwards much but we still had loads of chances when they did. Extra time should help things also, cant play for a draw really.

I expect Sig to step up.

We need to be testing the goalkeeper at every opportunity, both with shots, making sure to follow up for rebounds, and crosses. He is ropey as fuck. Andy Carroll and Andros Townsend will both enjoy watching it on telly.

Don't think they have the defenders to pack the box like Serbia but it isn't going to be an end to end match. They'll let us have a lot of the ball and I don't trust we'll do much with it.

Slovakia?

I don't understand how Italy face Spain when they're 1st and 2nd? (I asked before like so sorry if anyone answered). We're 2nd and playing Iceland who are 2nd. Germany 1st playing Slovakia in 1st?

Seems ridiculously harsh on Italy.

(bad) luck of the draw, thanks to 24 teams.  With only 4 3rd place teams going through to make it a last 16 it means there are 2 1st v 2nd games, 2 2nd v 2nd and 4 1st v 3rd.  Ridiculous really

I don't understand how Italy face Spain when they're 1st and 2nd? (I asked before like so sorry if anyone answered). We're 2nd and playing Iceland who are 2nd. Germany 1st playing Slovakia in 1st?

Slovakia were 3rd

You just know we are losing to Iceland. Everyone is literally reating it like a bye and assuming we'll face France

We cant even beat russia and Slovakia ffs, and only beat Wales with a fluke last min goal - whay exactly is making people so confident?

I think you need to go to bed :lol:

Slovakia were 3rd

I'm having a mare here.

(bad) luck of the draw, thanks to 24 teams.  With only 4 3rd place teams going through to make it a last 16 it means there are 4 1st v 2nd games and 4 1st v 3rd.  Ridiculous really

It's stupid like, should have at least been the 2 1st team places on the lowest points or something. Italy had a chance to finish on 9 points tonight if they played their full side and still would have gotten Spain.

The whole thing is just silly.

(bad) luck of the draw, thanks to 24 teams.  With only 4 3rd place teams going through to make it a last 16 it means there are 2 1st v 2nd games, 2 2nd v 2nd and 4 1st v 3rd.  Ridiculous really

Well 4 1st vs 3rd, 2 2nd vs 2nd, and 2 1st vs 2nd. Aye it's not fair at all like, for it to be predetermined that 2 groups don't get the benefit of playing a 3rd place team. Would have been fairer if the 4 teams with the best records got those ties.