Dwight Gayle (now playing for Derby County)

astraguy

How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?  

656 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?

• Delighted
    • Happy
    • Mixed emotions
    • Unhappy
    • The club is a joke

Mitro wins easy. Like a Serbian Fedor apparently. Meanwhile Gayle looks a lesbian.

Gayle does look a bit Les.

A garbagepale kid

http://insidepulse.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/the-garbage-pail-kids-movie.jpg

Messy Tessy.

Out of interest why do people want it to be Mitro?

Big, powerful, strong in the air, good shot. Added bonus in that he idolized Shearer. Just the better fit for that shirt. Gayle is not a #9 player.

Big, powerful, strong in the air, good shot. Added bonus in that he idolized Shearer. Just the better fit for that shirt. Gayle is not a #9 player.

So you reckon he will score more goals than Gayle I take it with all that praise?

Guest neesy111

I've seen not one ounce of a good shot from him.

Guest neesy111

People harking on about a number 9 needs to be big powerful etc is rubbish imo.  The job a striker has to do now is different in todays game.

So you reckon he will score more goals than Gayle I take it with all that praise?

All that praise? I just pointed out his strengths. Gayle might very well score more goals, but he's still not a #9 player.

All that praise? I just pointed out his strengths. Gayle might very well score more goals, but he's still not a #9 player.

Agree.

Well you weren't critising his weaknesses so yes "all that praise" is apt surely?

I thought Mitrovic took 45 in the past (pre-NUFC) as he couldn't get nine, the theory being 4+5=9? Mind you, that could go either way - either he's used to 45 now and will let Gayle have it or he's still desperate to get the number 9 shirt.

I think it will be Gayle, solely on his interview yesterday. Would be a strange thing to say if he wasn't taking the 9 shirt, unless his words were misinterpreted by Lee Ryder (heaven forbid)....

Strong in the air & good shot, based on what exactly? A number 9 should primarily be a goalscorer you can rely on, and that's simply not Mitrovic.

Strong in the air & good shot, based on what exactly? A number 9 should primarily be a goalscorer you can rely on, and that's simply not Mitrovic.

Are you really trying to claim he isn't strong in the air?

:thup: 33 headed attempts on goal last season - second in the PL only to Giroud.

Yes Mitro among with every other other player last season were far from perfect for so many different reasons i can't even begin to write them down. Things have changed massively lately, in so many ways so for me personally every player will start with a clean slate, i refuse to write anyone off yet (not saying you are) and hopefully with our support Rafa's great management and all the buzz around the place can make it optimal for every player to perform to the level they can/should be able to. Can't wait, bring the season on :thup:

:thup: 33 headed attempts on goal last season - second in the PL only to Giroud.

How many goals?