Dwight Gayle (now playing for Derby County)

astraguy

How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?  

656 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?

• Delighted
    • Happy
    • Mixed emotions
    • Unhappy
    • The club is a joke

Thought he led the line pretty well considering his size and style.

Definitely this. He is clearly not equipped to lead the line, but given precisely that, I thought he did reasonably well. He was gradually bullied out of it by two centre-halves, but won more touches than he ought to have done, especially in the first half.

Nowt to say of his goalscoring instinct at this stage because we didn't get it in the box enough. I think he'll do well for us because he moves around the final third a lot and with pace, but he needs someone big beside him to stick to the CBs.

Everyone on this thread has correctly identified the fact that we need a strong target man like Mitro...the problem is that he is always likely to end up with a lengthy period of suspension and we cannot afford this as this game has shown. We could end up losing enough points to prevent us going up unless we also have a replacement when he is out so we still need a strong striker/target man.

Still to be convinced that spending 10 million on this guy made any sense whatsover, early days of course. But even in today's market, that's a lot of money for a player. The giving him the 9 shirt, may just have added further pressure to him. The 9 should really have gone to Mitro, think it would have done more for him that it will do for Gayle.

Guest ElCid

Still to be convinced that spending 10 million on this guy made any sense whatsover, early days of course. But even in today's market, that's a lot of money for a player. The giving him the 9 shirt, may just have added further pressure to him. The 9 should really have gone to Mitro, think it would have done more for him that it will do for Gayle.

Agree not a big fan at all to be honest and the amount of money we spent was way over the top

Did nothing at all last night, was like playing with a man down. People complain Cisse didn't get involved in build up play, Gayle doesn't either so should be interesting how Rafa can fix that.

He's not really a target man, so if we are going to see goals from him, we will need to see some service. He got sod all from the midfield and wide areas so I'll reserve judgement until we put out a side that can string a few passes together.

He's not really a target man, so if we are going to see goals from him, we will need to see some service. He got sod all from the midfield and wide areas so I'll reserve judgement until we put out a side that can string a few passes together.

Exactly. Judge a striker on chances taken/missed. As a team we've not made an abundance of chances for many a year.

Guest Howaythetoon

Teh fact they gave the number to Gayle suggests to me that they no plans in bringing in another prominent striker, not full-time anyway! Disappointing...

Guest neesy111

Teh fact they gave the number to Gayle suggests to me that they no plans in bringing in another prominent striker, not full-time anyway! Disappointing...

No it doesn't.

Guest Howaythetoon

i love a #9 but I'd not care if we signed a top striker to do the business at the sake of the #9 sitting the bench this season.

Same here like!