Matt Ritchie: Released (Official)

Fenham Mag

• 3 weeks later...

He’s not interested in being here. He is one of the most talented players in the squad but his application and attitude goes missing. Needs to be sold in the summer, unfortunately though the majority of fans fail to see his weaknesses.

He’s not interested in being here. He is one of the most talented players in the squad but his application and attitude goes missing. Needs to be sold in the summer, unfortunately though the majority of fans fail to see his weaknesses.

I'd rather sell him now and just use actual wingers.

He's not quick or good enough but I'm not sure you can question his desire to be here

I would look to sell if we can to raise funds, of the three wingers we had on the pitch yesterday he was easily he most ineffective. He's just not shown he's capable of consistently being quality as he did last season at this level.

I would look to sell if we can to raise funds, of the three wingers we had on the pitch yesterday he was easily he most ineffective. He's just not shown he's capable of consistently being quality as he did last season at this level.

I like Ritchie, for a variety of reasons, but on yesterday’s showing I’d swap him for Choupo-Moting; suspect Rafa would too.

He's been great for us since signing and love his attitude in terms of his desire, commitment and will to win but we'll need to be upgrading on him at some point as he's just not got the pace to take us to the next level. He was definitely my favorite player we had going into this season too, but, just reality.

It's quite sad to see how many fans have turned on him.  He was instrumental in our promotion season and as far as i'm aware he still has the most assists for us this season.  His form has been poor lately but you can't fault the lad's workrate and commitment so i'd like to see people get behind him and help him turn his form around.  If James Perch could do it then surely Ritchie can!?

At worst he's a grafter who CAN produce a moment of quality and at best he's player who can be involved in 12-15 goals over the course of a season.  He's a lot better than he's showing at the moment IMO and he'd certainly benefit from having more quality around him.

Guest neesy111

He's also been very unfortunate to not score against Everton and West Ham- both would have been superb goals.

The everton one was a bad miss tbh.  Was no need to smash it that hard.

He was very unlucky vs Bournemouth mind.

He's also been very unfortunate to not score against Everton and West Ham- both would have been superb goals.

I think that's a big part of his problem at the moment.  He still hasn't scored this season but he's come very close on a number of occasions and it's probably playing on his mind.  He gets visibly frustrated during the game so i could imagine him being the type of bloke who puts more and more pressure on himself the longer it goes on.  I wouldn't be surprised to see him hit a screamer soon and his form pick up almost instantly.

He's been great for us since signing and love his attitude in terms of his desire, commitment and will to win but we'll need to be upgrading on him at some point as he's just not got the pace to take us to the next level. He was definitely my favorite player we had going into this season too, but, just reality.

This is exactly it, you need to sell when a player still has value. If this was just a poor run of form he was in then you could say, just give him time, but it's been half a season over 20 games, he's been poor for the majority of them, he's for me clearly one of those players that is too good for the Champo but not quite good enough for the PL. We have too many of them unfortunately, Shelvey, Clark, Gayle etc., we need to cash in on them and bring in players that can play at this level.

Guest Howaythetoon

In his defence he has played a hell of a lot of games in a high intensity kind of way as well mentally in such a short space of time so he's probably a bit shot.