Newcastle 3-2 Vitesse Arnhem FT

Magpie

I really don't look at this team/squad and see a side that is gonna dominate the championship tbh. Hopefully we get a few more in before the end of the window.

I do agree, but cast your mind back to this time in 2009, we all thought similar about that squad.

Nobody expected us to piss the championship that year.

I really don't look at this team/squad and see a side that is gonna dominate the championship tbh. Hopefully we get a few more in before the end of the window.

Honestly? Take a look at Burnley's squad from last year. Half of our team today are full internationals and nearly all of them have played regular top flight football. With a world class manager guiding them.

Honestly? Take a look at Burnley's squad from last year. Half of our team today are full internationals and nearly all of them have played regular top flight football. With a world class manager guiding them.

And we are going to sign more players

I do agree, but cast your mind back to this time in 2009, we all thought similar about that squad.

Nobody expected us to p*ss the championship that year.

Yeah but we had players like Enrique and colocinni who were a different class of defender then too. Colocinni played with a cigar every game.

Nobody expected us to p*ss the championship that year.

Yeah but we had players like Enrique and colocinni who were a different class of defender then too. Colocinni played with a cigar every game.

But we didn't know that. At the time they were the defenders that leaked the 2nd most goals in the premier league, they came in good in the championship and I expect similar from Lascelles, Dummett, Mbemba etc... who in fact already have looked decent for us despite relegation.

The Championship is a ridiculously long way from the PL, man. As long as you've got a few 'men' in the side and a modicum of talent in key areas it's an easy league to get through.

If we can regularly put out a defence of Gamez - Lascelles - Mbemba - Dummett we'll concede fewer goals than even last time we were there.

We got thirteen points from our last six games in the Premiership, the most by a relegated team in the Premier League era.

Since then, we've bought well and kept our manager, an absolute gem. Anything can happen, but things *should* go well.

Colback :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish:

i've never wanted a player to get a serious injury more in my life, he's the playing equivalent of the pardew years where there's just no light at the end of the tunnel

I don't like him either but that's OTT, man. :lol:

Colback :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish:

i've never wanted a player to get a serious injury more in my life, he's the playing equivalent of the pardew years where there's just no light at the end of the tunnel

I don't like him either but that's OTT, man. :lol:

is it?  he sucks the life out football in just the same way...i suppose he's not as despicable a human being like, that's something on his side :lol: