Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Still don't understand how people are getting so concerned.

Huddersfield need to make up 8 points (9, including GD) in their final 5 games.

Even if we lost our last 4, which quite obviously wont happen, Huddersfield only managed 6 points from their last 5 matches. They've got a tougher run of 5 games coming up, yet people think they're going to suddenly find an incredible run of form.

One win out of four would probably be enough. Although the target must be 4 wins out of 4 and to heap pressure on Brighton for the title.

If we win tomorrow and Huddersfield get beat in the later game, I'll then start to relax I think :lol:

Apparently we need 8 more points to confirm promotion, assuming Huddersfield win all their games, which they won't going off their recent form. If we win and Huddersfield draw tomorrow we'll need 4 more points. 3 more if they get beat. They have Fulham at home after Monday, who, after watching them when they bossed us at SJP, will be tough for them.

We'll be fine, man. :lol:

Play like we did on Friday and we put some chances away this time, we'll blast Ipswich away.

If we win tomorrow and Huddersfield get beat in the later game, I'll then start to relax I think :lol:

Apparently we need 8 more points to confirm promotion, assuming Huddersfield win all their games, which they won't going off their recent form. If we win and Huddersfield draw tomorrow we'll need 4 more points. 3 more if they get beat. They have Fulham at home after Monday, who, after watching them when they bossed us at SJP, will be tough for them.

We'll be fine, man. :lol:

Play like we did on Friday and we put some chances away this time, we'll blast Ipswich away.

Certainly hope this is the case. Just seems like we've been stumbling for weeks now, will be glad when it's finally all over and confirmed :lol:

For some reason, im one of those who are getting nervy. Maybe it's down to Rafa coming in and giving a new impetus to supporting the club, I dont know.

Anyway to calm mine and anyone elses jets, here's another angle.

If Huddersfield win every game they have left they'll finish on 92 points.  That would mean we could 'afford' to lose one of our final 4 and draw another to then allow us to finish above them on goal difference as they wont make up the 30 odd goal swing.

Our 85 point haul could yet be enough but my initial feeling that 92 points is the figure this time round has been revised to 87 so we need one more win and then i'll be planning beer trips in advance of the promotion party.

We win and they lose tomorrow, then we'd need just 2 more points or for them to drop some but there's been far too much dodgy stuff going on against us in this league that it's odds on that we'll be left sweating for a while.

We are in a very strong position but I understand people getting nervy = it's a vital promotion. In the Premier league, with Rafa, and as long as Ashley gives him funds, we will rebuild.

Even if Huddersfield got 4 wins and a draw - we'd only need 5 points from 4 games to secure 2nd on goal difference.

Guest neesy111

2 wins in our last 7 isn't great form for a team chasing automatic promotion.  I'm 90% certain we'll get the job done, but I'm worried at how our goals have dried up recently.

2 wins in our last 7 isn't great form for a team chasing automatic promotion.  I'm 90% certain we'll get the job done, but I'm worried at how our goals have dried up recently.

Aye we're not scoring many and aren't keeping many clean sheets down the other end either. Really need to win tomorrow just to take some of the pressure off and pile some on Huddersfield who play after us and have a trickier game on paper but I've got a feeling we won't win. We rarely do things the easy way after all.

If we win just one more, what kind of run does Huddersfield have to go on? I feel like we're much closer than we think we are to automatic promotion.

If we win one more, Huddersfield would need to win 4 of their remaining 5 games to overtake us due to our far superior GD.

If we win just one more, what kind of run does Huddersfield have to go on? I feel like we're much closer than we think we are to automatic promotion.

If we win one more, Huddersfield would need to win 4 of their remaining 5 games to overtake us due to our far superior GD.

I think we have this.

I think we have this.

Today will be the day its basically done. A win for us later coupled with Derby beating Huddersfield should near enough seal it.

I think we have this.

Today will be the day its basically done. A win for us later coupled with Derby beating Huddersfield should near enough seal it.

easy to say  :lol:

Guest neesy111

6 goals scored in our last 7 games is what worries me the most. We just can't score goals unless teams come at us and leave gaps.

Yeah this is my issue as well.  We average 2 goals a game across the season so this drop has been concerning.

6 goals scored in our last 7 games is what worries me the most. We just can't score goals unless teams come at us and leave gaps.

Yeah this is my issue as well.  We average 2 goals a game across the season so this drop has been concerning.

we get one then go all nervous, it's end of season pressure they are bringing on themselves, we are a big club and i feel the players know we all want this and go into survival mode, its just human instinct at times. :undecided: