Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Been massively let off the hook.

This is it. Terrible performance, awful result, but only actually dropped a point and one fewer game to go.

We're fortunate. I'll take it.

Guest firetotheworks

Huddersfield were fortunate when we drew against Leeds, like. Obviously it doesn't work like that, but things like that tend to only be remembered one way.

You can say "let off the hook" (I know what you mean) but at the same time we've been f***ing robbed a few times this season tbh.

huddersfield have had some luck this season. their goal today was a joke - clearly offside,

Guest taps01

Huddersfield were awful today they will drop more points. Wouldn't surprise me if we already have enough points.

Guest neesy111

It's important we go up winning at least 2 of the next 3 to ensure it feels like we got promotion instead of relying on Huddersfields results.

Huddersfield were awful today they will drop more points. Wouldn't surprise me if we already have enough points.

1 shot on goal until injury time today wasn't it? Can understand a conservative approach away from home but that's fucking embarrassing. There'd be absolute hell on here if we played like that.

1 shot on goal until injury time today wasn't it? Can understand a conservative approach away from home but that's f***ing embarrassing. There'd be absolute hell on here if we played like that.

It was worse than hell on here a couple of hours ago tbh :lol:

Guest neesy111

It's important we go up winning at least 2 of the next 3 to ensure it feels like we got promotion instead of relying on Huddersfields results.

we just need to get up  O0

How you go up is important in terms of momentum imo.

Rolling this team down the side of Olympus Mons wouldn't generate enough momentum to stay in the Premier League.  We need another huge investment and pray we don't get another load of Lazaars, Diames and Atsus.

That wouldn't surprise me, but I I do feel we still need at least 3 points to hold off both Huddersfield and Reading.

Guest neesy111

Rolling this team down the side of Olympus Mons wouldn't generate enough momentum to stay in the Premier League.  We need another huge investment and pray we don't get another load of Lazaars, Diames and Atsus.

I don't think we'll be spending the money we need in the summer, hence my concern.

Guest firetotheworks

Momentum is obviously important, but not so much if you're gutting the squad and rebuilding, which we absolutely must do in the summer.

At the same time, seeing any flaws makes it a lot easier to pinpoint our weaknesses and where we need strengthening. We've learned far more from Lascelles for instance fucking up pretty often that he's not Premier League level yet, than if he'd been consistent at this level and thrown him in as a first-choice next season.

Decider will be Hudds away to Wolves on the 25th. That's their game in hand and if they drop points there it will be huge- especially if they don't bear Fulham.

Huddersfield play quite an open, attacking style so a decent team like Fulham who will look to counter attack could have some luck against them. Remember, this same Huddersfield side lost to Burton at home and nearly slipped up vs Norwich too. They have 4 games left and they are unlikely to win them all.

But at the same time all we can do is just beat Preston. We're 7pts ahead for fuck sake, beat a team at home that have nowt to play for and we will be fine regardless of how Huddersfield do.

Decider will be Hudds away to Wolves on the 25th. That's their game in hand and if they drop points there it will be huge- especially if they don't bear Fulham.

Huddersfield play quite an open, attacking style so a decent team like Fulham who will look to counter attack could have some luck against them. Remember, this same Huddersfield side lost to Burton at home and nearly slipped up vs Norwich too. They have 4 games left and they are unlikely to win them all.

But at the same time all we can do is just beat Preston. We're 7pts ahead for f*** sake, beat a team at home that have nowt to play for and we will be fine regardless of how Huddersfield do.

Hopefully they lose to Fulham on Saturday and we beat Preston making their game in hand irrelevant.

But at the same time all we can do is just beat Preston. We're 7pts ahead for f*** sake, beat a team at home that have nowt to play for and we will be fine regardless of how Huddersfield do.

If they.dont beat fulham and we win, the game against wolves is irrelevant.