Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So im confused.

If Hudders dont win and we do v Preston we are promoted?

Or is it "technically we aren't" ?

So do we celerbrate like pitch invasion , champagne, players on the shoulders job ??? Say if above plays out?

Or do we "technically " have to wait??

So im confused.

So do we celerbrate like pitch invasion , champagne, players on the shoulders job ??? Say if above plays out?

If they lose and we win the most they can get is 87, we'd be on 88. But if reading won, technically we'd have to wait.

I think.

If Huddersfield lose and we win they can't catch us, only Reading will be able to catch us if they win at the weekend. If we win and Reading win then Reading can only catch us if they get a better goal difference than us. Think that's right anyway

Brighton had fans run on the pitch and were celebrating yesterday despite them not technically being up at that moment in time (Huddersfield could catch them on goal difference) but they knew Huddersfield weren't going start winning games 9-0.

Every time I see Knockaert celebrating from yesterday, I feel like leaving a hole in my TV. Good player aye but God, he has such a punchable face. Might feel the same way if I saw Colback celebrating too.

:thup: Glad I'm not the only one. Sick of the sight of those cunts already. I hope they get anally raped, without lube, every week in the premiership.

:lol:

I like them.

Every time I see Knockaert celebrating from yesterday, I feel like leaving a hole in my TV. Good player aye but God, he has such a punchable face. Might feel the same way if I saw Colback celebrating too.

He's had a fairly shite season on a personal basis, so I can't begrudge him this bit of success to which I'm sure he'll dedicate to his late father.

I've nowt against Brighton. They hate Palace so at least twice next season, I'll be cheering them on.

People keep saying IF Fulham get a draw or a win it will do us a favour, asif that is the only motivation they have to win.Yet Fulham need a win on Saturday as much as we need it. They have to play Huddersfield, Brentford and Sheff Wed, 2 of which are in the playoff places and they also currently stand level on points with Leeds in 6th. However, they have also won their last 3 games 3-1. Anybody watching the Championship knows Fulham play good football, so this literally couldn't be a harder game for Huddersfield unless they were playing us or Brighton.

Either way, Huddersfield can get 90 points max with 4 wins.

A draw with Fulham has them on 88 max return.

A loss to Fulham has them on 87 max return.

We stand on 85 with 3 games to go, and a 32 better GD.

So as long as Huddersfield DO NOT win this weekend, we will effectively have atleast 2 chances to get that last win (Preston or Cardiff) and reach 88 points, before final day squeaky bum time starts and N-O has a meltdown.

*Disclaimer* I obviously might be wrong, but that's my take on it :lol:

To clarify:

If Huddersfield fail to win against Fulham, which includes a draw, at the weekend then a win for us over Preston is enough.  Forget Reading.

Even if Reading win on Saturday, the only way they could 'overtake' us would be if we lost our last 2 games and they won theirs then somehow swing the goal difference which would be a minimum of +38 for us and +3 for them.        That would be the equivalent of us losing something like 9-0 twice and them winning both theirs 8-0.

*edit:  The same applies with Huddersfield's goal difference if they draw one game but with a slight goal difference of +3 over Reading for them which means a similar goal swing although instead of us losing 9-0 twice, an 8-0 and a 7-0 would be of similar standing.  Hope that clears it up.  :cheesy:

To clarify:

If Huddersfield fail to win against Fulham, which includes a draw, at the weekend then a win for us over Preston is enough.  Forget Reading.

Even if Reading win on Saturday, the only way they could 'overtake' us would be if we lost our last 2 games and they won theirs then somehow swing the goal difference which would be a minimum of +38 for us and +3 for them.        That would be the equivalent of us losing something like 9-0 twice and them winning both theirs 8-0.

*edit:  The same applies with Huddersfield's goal difference if they draw one game but with a slight goal difference of +3 over Reading for them which means a similar goal swing although instead of us losing 9-0 twice, an 8-0 and a 7-0 would be of similar standing.  Hope that clears it up.  :cheesy:

Reading can still overtake us on points. We have 3 games left

So the above happens are we "officially"  up?

Do we do the whole champagne , pitch invasion thing?

Am i right in thinking only a defeat for Hudders and a win for us will make it "official" ?

a non win for Huddersfield and a win for us is official enough.  Apart from that, they might get a clap from me but nee pitch invasion and inevitable ban is worth it.

If Huddersfield lose and we win they can't catch us, only Reading will be able to catch us if they win at the weekend. If we win and Reading win then Reading can only catch us if they get a better goal difference than us. Think that's right anyway

Brighton had fans run on the pitch and were celebrating yesterday despite them not technically being up at that moment in time (Huddersfield could catch them on goal difference) but they knew Huddersfield weren't going start winning games 9-0.

Same with Bournemouth when they went up.

They celebrated on the pitch in their final home game but could have still been technically caught if a 20 odd goal difference was overturned.

If Huddersfield draw and we win on Monday common sense says we may as well celebrate. The chances of Huddersfield catching up on that many goals in the last two games is about to likely to happen as 100 people on this forum winning the lotto all in a short space of time of one another. Extremely unlikely to happen in other words.

People keep saying IF Fulham get a draw or a win it will do us a favour, asif that is the only motivation they have to win.Yet Fulham need a win on Saturday as much as we need it. They have to play Huddersfield, Brentford and Sheff Wed, 2 of which are in the playoff places and they also currently stand level on points with Leeds in 6th. However, they have also won their last 3 games 3-1. Anybody watching the Championship knows Fulham play good football, so this literally couldn't be a harder game for Huddersfield unless they were playing us or Brighton.

Either way, Huddersfield can get 90 points max with 4 wins.

A draw with Fulham has them on 88 max return.

A loss to Fulham has them on 87 max return.

We stand on 85 with 3 games to go, and a 32 better GD.

So as long as Huddersfield DO NOT win this weekend, we will effectively have atleast 2 chances to get that last win (Preston or Cardiff) and reach 88 points, before final day squeaky bum time starts and N-O has a meltdown.

*Disclaimer* I obviously might be wrong, but that's my take on it :lol:

Because Fulham have been woefully inconsistent, e.g. played us off the park then followed it up with a draw against Blackburn and defeat against Wolves at home. Seem to have hit for again though with three straight wins, hopefully they can keep it up.

To clarify:

Not if we win on Monday they cant.  They could only finish on what we would have but with a 30+ goal swing in our favour.  They wouldn't overtake that in a million years as it's never happened in history apart from the match fixing instances.

So im confused.

Assuming that Huddersfield just get a point against Fulham, they'll be on 79 points with only 9 left to play for.

So we beat Preston then we'll be on 88 points. That's the maximum Huddersfield can get and they'll lose out to our superior GD. So we're up on Monday night football on Sky after a win.

Whatever Reading do on Saturday will be irrelevant with us winning on Monday.

So Saturday is the all important day. We can't go up with a winton Monday if Huddersfield win against Fulham.

To clarify:

Not if we win on Monday they cant.  They could only finish on what we would have but with a 30+ goal swing in our favour.  They wouldn't overtake that in a million years as it's never happened in history apart from the match fixing instances.

I assumed you meant we could just forget about Reading now and thought they could only catch us on goal difference and didn't realise you were talking about if we win on Monday :thup:

To clarify:

Reading have very good fixtures on paper. Forest, Wigan and Burton :lol:

A Toon win, and a Fulham draw this weekend and it's done on GD with 88 points. Admittedly easier said than done, like.

The more I think about it, the more I want it done this weekend. Of Huddersfield final 4 games, only Fulham seem the one that can get atleast a draw out of them. Yes they have Wolves and the 'Arry's Brum up after that but surely their momentum took a hit yesterday and they're up against Fulham who'll do everything they can to stay in their playoff position.

It'd be a beautiful scene on Monday if we're going up with Rafa at the center of attention.

One win will do it, or 3 draws, IMO. I don't think what we have right now is enough to hold of both Reading and Huddersfield, Reading would be able to overtake us with 2 wins and a draw, Huddersfield  2 wins and 2 draws. In all practicality it'll be very hard for Huddersfield to catch us if they lose another game, they would then need to win all their other three.

I said not long after the final whistle that we would get another 2 points this season, draws with Preston and Barnsley as our away form seems to have fallen off the cliff, not confident about Cardiff at all. That might well be enough now, Reading would have to win all 3 of their games while Huddersfield would have to win 3 and draw the other, not impossible for either side but tough when the pressure is on. One extra point for us though makes such a big difference, that eliminates Reading from the equation and requires Huddersfield to win all 4.

Jesus man. It's simple, should Huddersfield fail to win on Saturday and we win on Monday then both Reading and Huddersfield can only match our points total with a goal difference that is unlikely to be caught. To put it simple, Brighton celebrated promotion yesterday (before Huddersfield's game) despite them not being mathematically up until, but with a similar goal difference swing.

So im confused.

Assuming that Huddersfield just get a point against Fulham, they'll be on 79 points with only 9 left to play for.

So we beat Preston then we'll be on 88 points. That's the maximum Huddersfield can get and they'll lose out to our superior GD. So we're up on Monday night football on Sky after a win.

So Saturday is the all important day. We can't go up with a winton Monday if Huddersfield win against Fulham.

http://www.londonlovesbusiness.com/Pictures/web/p/k/p/Supermarket-Sweep-Dale-Winto_466.jpg

Wahey! Come on the Toons!

Jesus man. It's simple, should Huddersfield fail to win on Saturday and we win on Monday then both Reading and Huddersfield can only match our points total with a goal difference that is unlikely to be caught. To put it simple, Brighton celebrated promotion yesterday (before Huddersfield's game) despite them not being mathematically up until, but with a similar goal difference swing.

Ovens are simple...

So im confused.

But we wouldn't "officially" be up? No?

So im confused.

But we wouldn't "officially" be up? No?

Not mathematically. But if Huddersfield draw they can still reach 88 points, which is what we would have if we beat Preston on Monday. If we lost the last 2 games, and they won the remaining 3, whilst providing a 30 goal swing in GD, they could go up.

But it's as good as sealed if they drop points AND we win on Monday. GD gives us the edge. Although not officially.