Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We're going up don't worry.

Lots have people have said over the last couple of years that they're done with NUFC, or cited eventualities that would see them pack it all in. I'm doubtful many of us could truly do that, but allowing a situation where Benitez walks would be just about as bad as it gets. Never mind the relegations, the embarrassments and the horrendous PR decisions, we've dropped massively lucky here and need to make the most of it.

I know some people aren't fans of his systems and brand of football so far but he's literally the best manager a club of our present stature could possibly hope for. The most qualified, most highly decorated, most experienced, most respected, you name it. And that's just considering matters on the pitch, he's also doing a fantastic job rebuilding the club's connection with its fans and the local community.

Forcing him out would be absolutely criminal.

Absolutely spot on mate!

Lots have people have said over the last couple of years that they're done with NUFC, or cited eventualities that would see them pack it all in. I'm doubtful many of us could truly do that, but allowing a situation where Benitez walks would be just about as bad as it gets. Never mind the relegations, the embarrassments and the horrendous PR decisions, we've dropped massively lucky here and need to make the most of it.

I know some people aren't fans of his systems and brand of football so far but he's literally the best manager a club of our present stature could possibly hope for. The most qualified, most highly decorated, most experienced, most respected, you name it. And that's just considering matters on the pitch, he's also doing a fantastic job rebuilding the club's connection with its fans and the local community.

I agree with much of that except when you say "he's literally the best manager a club of our present stature could possibly hope for." I think he's far better than any club in our position could realistically hope to attract.  I can't wait to see what he can do at our club given the right backing and time, I think we are in for a good future and it's been many years since I've felt able to say that.

I will never be done with the club, if you can turn off an emotion just like that then I would question how much passion you actually had in the first place

Indeed. If we go up, Rafa will stay and there'll be some fairly significant investment in the summer.

I will never be done with the club, if you can turn off an emotion just like that then I would question how much passion you actually had in the first place

Most people, myself included have steadily been losing said passion for the club for many years now. It's was hanging by a thread before Rafa arrived and likely would all but gone if it didn't happen.

I imagine a lot of people feel the same, Rafa has the act of a tissue applied to wound but it didn't really heal properly and still hasn't.

Absolutely. :thup:

The thing with Benitez is: it would've been a massive appointment even at the best of times. The fact he arrived during Mike Ashley's custodianship is what upgraded the appointment from 'unlikely' to 'a miracle'.

Rafa being here feels like the greatest chance of actual silverware (not immediately, obviously) since I've supported the club - regardless of who owns it.

The guy is manna from heaven as far as I'm concerned; to see him walk would have me seriously doubting that the club is ever worth expending any thought or emotion about. I'm desperate for that not to happen, because - for all this season hasn't been pretty to watch - actually supporting the club again and losing my shit when we score an important goal... that has felt wonderful. Compare that to celebrating Swansea City pinch a last minute winner against us at SJP in 2014... I mean ffs.

Imagine the delicious final day tension at home to Barnsley if Brighton lose tonight, and then lose or draw at home against Bristol City; we beat Preston at home and Cardiff away.  Too much to hope for?? Could imagine Villa getting something, against them, especially if Brighton's arses are twitching.

Imagine the delicious final day tension at home to Barnsley if Brighton lose tonight, and then lose or draw at home against Bristol City; we beat Preston at home and Cardiff away.  Too much to hope for?? Could imagine Villa getting something, against them, especially if Brighton's arses are twitching.

I'll be amazed if the bold happens. I know they got a draw up here but Brighton beat the shite at home.

I'll be amazed if the bold happens. I know they got a draw up here but Brighton beat the s**** at home.

You never know, Bristol might need the points to stay up. Could be an interesting one but it is unlikely, they are shite away. 3 wins all season.

Whilst it may be the thing that kills you, got to hope man. No fat ladies chanting yet (apart from Delia, "Where are you!")

True, but I just can't see it. In the words of Keegan, I would love it if it happened, love it.

Could be 1 point behind Brighton by the next time they play...

I imagine they'll smash Bristol City at home though to seal it.

Best we can hope for is for Bristol City to come out the blocks flying at them like they did to us (coupled with Brighton being shit, like we were that day in the first half), and get a point imo. Always thought Villa would beat them at Villa Park.

Agree, I reckon Villa will probably beat them but can't see anything else than an easy home win against Bristol.

Think we'll be lucky to win our last 3 though the way things are going :lol:

I'd love it, love it

Rafa can be frustrating at times but i agree he has brought the love back for this club.

Ashley has a big job to do in the summer, it starts with helping Rafa secure 17th, then we go again and build.

Make no mistake it will take fortunes to stay up.

If we go up