Newcastle Utd 1 - 2 Huddersfield Town - 13/08/16 - Post-match reaction from p24

Kaizero

In a better league we would've conceded another 5 or 6 goals, we give the ball away like a boss.

Losing possession frequently and doing nothing with it is the hallmark of a team with too many defensive players in it. We had this fact rammed down our throats every week when Pardew was here.

I can understand things take a while to gel etc... and I think we'll come good starting wednesday, but what was massively strange to me was how none of our players seemed to be able to control simple passes, the amount of poor first touches was a joke.

We also had an annoying habit of over hitting short passes and under hitting the long ones which didn't help.

Only seen the lowlights but that absolutely reeks of a mass crisis of confidence.

Yep; I noticed how bad our first touch seemed across the team as well. Gayle was the worst offender.

Had been in London for a few days at cricket, and then travelled to the Toon for match, so had been drinking 3 days solid. Felt terrible Sunday. Bad loss and an awful hangover  :lol:

Thought we were poor first half, better second but lacked a cutting edge and we got counter attacked far too easy. Impressive crowd, we could really do with a good performance and win vs Reading like.

I can understand things take a while to gel etc... and I think we'll come good starting wednesday, but what was massively strange to me was how none of our players seemed to be able to control simple passes, the amount of poor first touches was a joke.

We also had an annoying habit of over hitting short passes and under hitting the long ones which didn't help.

Only seen the lowlights but that absolutely reeks of a mass crisis of confidence.

Yep; I noticed how bad our first touch seemed across the team as well. Gayle was the worst offender.

Hayden looked incredibly nervous after being very tidy at Southend and Fulham, I don't think I saw him give the ball away in either of those games. Bit of a strange one.

In a better league we would've conceded another 5 or 6 goals, we give the ball away like a boss.

Losing possession frequently and doing nothing with it is the hallmark of a team with too many defensive players in it. We had this fact rammed down our throats every week when Pardew was here.

I'd normally agree, but some of the worst culprits have been Perez and Aarons, and last season Thauvin was horrendous in that regard. These guys don't seem to have the strength or nous to ride tackles like someone like Ben Arfa. How hard can it be to either beat a clumsy defender or win a free kick?

Hayden looked incredibly nervous after being very tidy at Southend and Fulham, I don't think I saw him give the ball away in either of those games. Bit of a strange one.

Fans fault.

It's quite a big jump from being an Arsenal reserve to being the first choice defensive midfielder in front of 52,000 fans at the other end of the country. He's got potential, but I think he would be helped by better footballers around him. Also, Rafa's methods are pretty much diametrically opposed to those of Wenger so it might just be a case of learning as he goes along. He's technically a lot better than I thought he would be. Other than Tiote I don't see who else could play that role.

Found out about the result in a surf shop in Newquay on saturday from the guy working there. Not his fault but i wanted to smash a board in his face :lol: Stupid me asking, ruined my saturday and the rest of the days in England to some degree. Can't fucking believe that we've lost the game.. :(