Brentford manager: Alan Judge won't join Newcastle this summer

Nobody

Liverpool mate reminded me that they signed Aquilani while still injured, and we know how that turned out.

A winger is our number 1 priority. Surely this isn't the answer? If another is coming in then fair enough, otherwise what's going on? Half measures and wishful thinking have got us where we are now. Loads of players struggle to come back from broken legs.

As a Brentford season ticket holder, can I just say that Alan Judge is actually class. Arguably the best player in the Championship last year. Absolutely carried a relatively shit Brentford, 14 goals and 11 assists. He can play CAM/No.10/either wing. Buzzes around all over the final third, got a great eye for through balls, has a superb shot/cross on him and can carry the ball really well. His passing in tight spaces is really neat and tidy too. I would imagine Gayle with Judge behind him as a combo will wipe teams away in the championship.

Kind of gutted he's leaving Brentford if I'm honest but I guess he's earned his shot at a bigger club and cannot begrudge him a move.

Sorry mate, but we've got some nolijibul football fans who've already decided he's championship shite, that too with a broken leg. You might have Rafa and a few easily pleased on here fooled but ye'll not this one past the healthy sceptics on here.

Having read this and other posts from far more knowledgeable posters than I, I'm suddenly a little excited by this signing. Broken leg notwithstanding, of course.

Not much to lose transfer this. We'll get him cheap as it's the last year of his Brentford contract. He's coming back to fitness with something to prove at a big club looking to go up.

Give him a highly incentivised deal, one years time he could get a new deal in the Premier League with us. If it doesn't work out, we've not lost out too much, worth a gamble imo.

Just did some extensive Wise scouting. If he wasn't injured this would be an excellent signing. I'll think of it like we're bringing a January signing forward to ensure we get him. Obviously the risk will be can he return to form after a nasty injury, but seems worth the risk.

- Looks like he'll be fighting with Ritchie and Gayle for FKs

- Thing I liked the most is he seems to be everywhere, highlights of him on both wings, in the center, bringing the ball out from deep, running off the last man on a break.

- Low center of gravity makes him tough to bring down but they also showed him flying into some challenges

Guest firetotheworks

I keep seeing Alien Judge. Golly, an alien judge.

:lol:

My go-to reaction image after a reading another legendary Stifler post.

There's a video of him on youtube called "the Irish Messi" set to a coldplay song. Never felt more lower league in my life watching this. Hitting me right in the gut.

Genuinely, what's your issue?

It's this sort of rubbish gives NUFC fans a bad rep. It is possible for an Irish or Scottish player to be good. If we were signing George Best in his prime you'd probably start grumbling about it.

Also, wake up call. We are lower league.

Just to confirm for any future doubt - this wasn't my opinion.

At times it seems like nothing has changed in transfer policy.  Were still selling high and filling up on cheap shite and gambles.

What bollocks.

Signing a player of questionable quality at top level with a broken leg isn't a gamble?

So from bidding £10 million plus for Knockaert, to signing an injured player for 2-3 million instead.

Not sure why that's relevant. Judge is only that price due to his contract situation isn't he? Similar sort of stats to Knockaert last year, if we're not prepared to go over the top for Knockaert then if we value Judge at a similar level then I don't see why fees are relevant.

At times it seems like nothing has changed in transfer policy.  Were still selling high and filling up on cheap s**** and gambles.

What bollocks.

Signing a player of questionable quality at top level with a broken leg isn't a gamble?

Wasn't he second best player in the champ last year? It's an absolute no brainer for the price rumoured

At times it seems like nothing has changed in transfer policy.  Were still selling high and filling up on cheap s**** and gambles.

What bollocks.

Wasn't he second best player in the champ last year? It's an absolute no brainer for the price rumoured

Tbh it's more the leg break and coming back from that for me. So many careers have ended due to reduction in pace or other physical side effects. It's a massive gamble for anyone.

Who was the last player we signed injured to this level?

What bollocks.

Tbh it's more the leg break and coming back from that for me. So many careers have ended due to reduction in pace or other physical side effects. It's a massive gamble for anyone.

Again though, for the price its really not a gamble. Unless we sign no-one else, then yeah i agree. But the signing in isolation isn't really a risk.

What bollocks.

The lad the whole forum is in love with.

What bollocks.

Again though, for the price its really not a gamble. Unless we sign no-one else, then yeah i agree. But the signing in isolation isn't really a risk.

Again though, it looks like we're still being very tight in the transfer market and actually trying to turn a profit. I wouldn't be surprised if we do by some distance.

I'm worried he'll be our only option in that position due to the way we play our transfer game. Couple of big signings and now plug the holes with cheap shite and gambles.

What bollocks.

Again though, it looks like we're still being very tight in the transfer market and actually trying to turn a profit. I wouldn't be surprised if we do by some distance.

I'm worried he'll be our only option in that position due to the way we play our transfer game. Couple of big signings and now plug the holes with cheap s**** and gambles.

Agree to disagree.