Lockwood Cup Sat 6th Oct 2018 10:45 (KO 11am) @Dunston Pitz

Guest neesy111

Hope this isn't an inappropriate use of the new feature, just trying to think of others from games gone by...

Elliottman[/member] dinotheprehistoricgeordie[/member] mattypnufc[/member] Danh1[/member] @Theregulars @Jimburst . Any of yous fancy it?

Do you need shin pads and proper boots or will just some trainers do?

If so then have me down as a sub.

Trainers will do. I'd recommend shin pads purely because I always wear them, not because anyone is particularly dirty.

Guest Howaythetoon

Trainers will do. I'd recommend shin pads purely because I always wear them, not because anyone is particularly dirty.

If you’re up against LFEE AKA Vinny Jones wear PPE never mind shin pads, his username should be GBH. I was out for 3 months after a 50/50 with him.

Guest Howaythetoon

Joking aside, I always wear shin pads, I wouldn't risk it, I’m injury prone to start with. I wear astro turf boots, don’t use blades and trainers at this time of year where the pitch will likely be damp or there could be a high chance of rain you will slide a lot. Everyone plays it in a great spirit though, competitive but no nasty tackles or radge packets. It’s actually a decent level, some very good players and even those of us who have fitness issues (myself included these days) can obviously play and get about no problem.

I recommend these games highly to anyone who fancies it or would like to take part but hasn’t or won’t for whatever reason, this from someone who has never wanted to at any time show his face if you like and is quite shy outside of the bull shit bravado. Its a good way to meet fellow internet nerds and virgins who are all likeable chaps and lasses (Alreetlike), it’s a good work out, it’s a decent standard and most of all it’s in honour of Jon who brought so much to this place and those he met from here.

Even if you can’t play or don’t want to, come along, watch a bunch of numpties make fools of themselves with a ball at their feet or if it’s Ian Pardew W the ball in the air ;)

Not if everyone wears the footwear you are meant to I.E. Astro trainers, as it’s not a dirty game. Unfortunately despite having the same conversation every year some people insist on wearing moulded blades which you aren’t meant to :lol: I’ve suffered twice because of it but neither time was malicious :thup:

And ignore HTT. He kicked me and came off worse is the short story which you’ll soon realise if you haven’t already he’s incapable of telling :lol:

Yeah I should be alright to play if there’s still spaces.

Brilliant. PM me your number for the WhatsApp group. :thup:

HTT has confirmed so up to 10 now if Yorkie confirms.

I’m still in the whatsapp group from the last one I think, number ends in 518.

That’s long gone I’m afraid so you’ll have to send me it.

1. LFEE

2. HTT

3. HCP (GK)

4. Ian W

5. Heron

6. Dr.Spaceman

7. Sifu (GK)

8. NEEJ

9. M4

10.KDT

11.Yorkie

12.HaydnNUFC

13.Stifleaay

14.Stifringer

Blue

1.Sifu (GK)

2.LFEE

3.Ian W

4.M4

5.NEEJ

6.Yorkie

7.HaydenNUFC

RED

1.HCP (GK)

2.HTT

3.Heron

4.Dr.Spaceman

5.KDT

6.Stifleaay

7.Stifringer

Science applied: Keep friends together and my vague memory of colours. Fairly balanced but a lot depends on what standard Stifleaay and his mate are (?)

Guest Howaythetoon

Not if everyone wears the footwear you are meant to I.E. Astro trainers, as it’s not a dirty game. Unfortunately despite having the same conversation every year some people insist on wearing moulded blades which you aren’t meant to :lol: I’ve suffered twice because of it but neither time was malicious :thup:

And ignore HTT. He kicked me and came off worse is the short story which you’ll soon realise if you haven’t already he’s incapable of telling :lol:

Aye, but you told me to come back on you bully ;) Never felt pain like it the following day. Thankfully it seems fully healed now, but whenever I play just before kick-off I always worry about it happening again.

Blades are dangerous IMO.