Non-league football

Crumpy Gunt

2 minutes ago, OpenC said:

Walked past that the other day when I was at Jarrow, couldn't tell if it was the sort of place I was going to get mugged or if it was aalreet.  It looked derelict from a lot of angles :lol:  Ended up just getting a kebab from over the road

Its equally derelict on the inside to be fair ha

9 minutes ago, OpenC said:

Walked past that the other day when I was at Jarrow, couldn't tell if it was the sort of place I was going to get mugged or if it was aalreet.  It looked derelict from a lot of angles :lol:  Ended up just getting a kebab from over the road

Ha ha the manager is quality - big black and whiter! It's a canny boozer - gets really busy when Jarra are at home with their ground (well, pitch!) just around the corner!

Ah well, if Alnwick survive the season and Jarrow fall away to stay where they are I'll get a pint next season then. I was stressed out enough with the satnav taking me all over the fucking place :lol: was a complicated little drive there.

Northern League is an obvious step up on the Alliance but they haven't looked completely outclassed by anyone yet so I'm still hopeful. Felled by a suckerpunch at the death when they played CLS Town the other night but I'm pleased with the approach they're taking. One thing I have noticed is the amount of complaining to officials in this league mind; Billingham Town were fucking embarrassing with their constant "offside" and "foul throw" and "that's a red ref". I wish the officials would impose their authority a bit more.

Alnwick unexpectedly turned over Ryton and Crawcrook Albion today, scrappy game but took the goal well when the chance came.  Looking comfortably mid table now. First home win which was starting to feel important.

Brutal. The lad that stayed with him while the medical staff came on had to be substituted straight away too. Must be a horrific break 

Ouch, he’ll do well to come back from that. He’s absolute Mr Gateshead as well, could have easily played at a higher level or bigger club but was happy at the Heed.

Real shame that for Olley. Hatty on the opening day and then subjected to an assault like that in the second game, season over.

Fingers crossed it doesn't derail Gateshead's promotion push this year.

2 minutes ago, Scoreboard82 said:

Piece on Hebburn Town coming up in Look North.

Some pissed bloke in a pink T-shirt head locking people in the background holding a pint of Madri?

Good point for Gateshead away to Halifax who are an established top 10/Play-Off contender these days.

4 wins out of 4 for Hebburn. Macclesfield & Stockton slipped up so outright top now.