Non-league football

Crumpy Gunt

Missing Alnwick back in the vase this afternoon by virtue of being 200 miles too far north. Was hoping to take in some Shinty as a substitute but all the pitches are unplayable.

1 minute ago, OpenC said:

Missing Alnwick back in the vase this afternoon by virtue of being 200 miles too far north. Was hoping to take in some Shinty as a substitute but all the pitches are unplayable.

Highland League not still on somewhere near? Be prepared to be appalled at the standard mind, I even used to get a game 😂

Can't get today unfortunately, but I might get to a Tuesday or Wednesday evening game in Grantown or Keith or similar :)

I stay in Kingussie who are apparently the finest shintiers/shintists/shintographers in the world so I'd been hoping they were playing at home this week but it's near enough impossible just to find the fixtures :lol: and as I say it's rained for the last week so the pitches are off. 

This appears to be Kingussie's football pitch

IMG_20240824_132328_(1600_x_1080_pixel).thumb.jpg.4f69534984d25472b577cdf9901fe0e0.jpg

20 minutes ago, Jinky said:

Gateshead on fire!

Won at home to Yeovil today, 3-1 (One of the better teams in the league)

Has it been mentioned if what happened with their stadium last year, will be the same this? Would hate for them to be in a title fight and then be told they can't go up again.

4 minutes ago, 54 said:

Has it been mentioned if what happened with their stadium last year, will be the same this? Would hate for them to be in a title fight and then be told they can't go up again.

Close to signing an agreement aren’t they?

You would have thought that at the very least, Kingston Park would give them a home.

Edited by Stifler

See south shields beat Oxford in the 'northern' league today. Mad how hebburn have become the better team, had a bit itk about their next owners but it looks like it fell through over then summer. Would have been outside the box

Blyth end up losing 4-2 at Workshop Town, after being 2-1 ahead. :(

Home to Morpeth on Monday next for them.

Ashington lost 4-1 at Congleton Town, in the FA Trophy

North Shields won 4-0 at Redcar Town, in the FA Vase.

2 hours ago, Big Geordie said:

Blyth end up losing 4-2 at Workshop Town, after being 2-1 ahead. :(

Home to Morpeth on Monday next for them.

Ashington lost 4-1 at Congleton Town, in the FA Trophy

North Shields won 4-0 at Redcar Town, in the FA Vase.

Sounds like Blyth just have too many young lads for that level. it’s not looking good.

18 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Gateshead an early goal up. Really hope they can keep this start they're having going.

Oldham were one of the Pre-Season favourites too. Great start. 

Blyth ended up losing 4-1 to Morpeth

The new owner's 'vanity project' has gone disasterously wrong. Why Solano will hang about now is beyond me - bloke has been lied to from the start.

Edited by Big Geordie