Non-league football

Crumpy Gunt

On 27/04/2023 at 09:52, Big Geordie said:

It's really disappointing. I bet that funding will now 'disappear'.

The funding was apparently offered by Monster Energy Drinks. 

On 27/04/2023 at 15:57, Stifler said:

Disappointing, but they have had it coming for years.

When me & my stepdad first started going in the early 20’s, they had some decent backers, I think Malcolm McDonald backed them as well at the time. They had the money to go up and do ground improvements.

Labour were in government and they could have easily gained funding for local community work for ground improvement, especially considering their location.

They were buying all the players from other clubs as well. Instead the owner was too busy slating fans for going to see NUFC, and being happy marginally better than South Shields and on par with Whitley Bay. They never did the ground improvements, and rejected promotion when they had the chance etc.

Now the likes of Hebburn and South Shields have passed them, and they have people going to see them since they are effectively locked out of SJP by giving up their season tickets under Ashley. All of a sudden they want the ground improvements etc.

Most of that is bollocks TBF. 

21 hours ago, Big Geordie said:

Marc Nash has just resigned as North Shields boss.

Disaster for the Club. The players will now leave en masse. The better will be cherry picked. 

Faith in this committee is rock bottom. A few have jacked. 

The end of season award night is going to be able interesting. 

Truro City, my local side got promoted to the National League South last night, huge for the club and for Cornish football as a whole, they're the highest ranked team in the county and have been for a long while, so any progress they make, is great for the region, as football down this way is in the wilderness. :aww: 

They just need to move back to Truro now, given they've been playing out of Plymouth the last few years, as their ground got sold to Lidl and the council then fucked them over with their new proposed stadium.

Just now, Paully said:

Stadium of Light tonight for me! First time ever not in the away end!

Howay Hebburn! 

Did it for the Summer Rumble boxing a few times. If it hasn’t changed, I imagine you’ll enjoy all the pictures of various players scoring against NUFC in there, the bitter twats.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Big Geordie said:

Blyth and South Shields comfirmed as having to make trips to Gloucester City and Bishops Stortford, next season. Mind-boggling the geography that is the Conference North. ???  :thdn:

Aye I saw this earlier 

2 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Not sure what solution is. They're the most northerly 22/44 teams.

Nowt you can do, just seems mad but then Braintree or Dover to Truro is fucking miles in the South.

8 hours ago, Disco said:

Nowt you can do, just seems mad but then Braintree or Dover to Truro is fucking miles in the South.

I've done Canterbury to Truro plenty of times, and it's the better part of a 6 and a half hour drive. Hell Truro to Bristol is a 3 hour minimum drive, it makes travelling a right pain in the ass.

Surely it takes a lot longer to travel from Blyth to Gloucester than to Bishop's Stortford? More frightening too with the ghost of Fred West lurking on some roadside.

The geographical centre of England is Fenny Drayton, near Tamworth. In theory, any club south of there should play in NLS. Sadly there's more wealth in the south and south east and therefore more investment in clubs located there. The north-south divide is very evident outside the upper reaches of league football.

Hardly surprising BStortford are unhappy; they're having to drive great distances (that clubs like Blyth always do as a matter of course) when the majority of clubs in NLS are less than 100 miles away.

Went to Wembley yesterday for the Gateshead final.

Fuck me, what a dump London has become. Not sure if it's just the Wembley area but it's soulless and full of just chicken shops.

6 minutes ago, FCB said:

Went to Wembley yesterday for the Gateshead final.

Fuck me, what a dump London has become. Not sure if it's just the Wembley area but it's soulless and full of just chicken shops.

Pretty sure you can find shitty areas of most cities, particularly those around stadiums that have huge footfall of fairly boisterous football fans. Go to London with someone who knows the city and spend some time here outside a football match, I promise there’s a bit more than chicken shops and shit flat pack housing. 

Edited by PRL

4 minutes ago, PRL said:

Pretty sure you can find shitty areas of most cities, particularly those around stadiums that have huge footfall of fairly boisterous football fans. Go to London with someone who knows the city and spend some time here outside a football match, I promise there’s a bit more than chicken shops and shit flat pack housing. 

I've been to London a few odd times (central bit with london eye etc) and I actually canny liked it, where as Wembley seemed like a completely alternative universe.

1 hour ago, FCB said:

I've been to London a few odd times (central bit with london eye etc) and I actually canny liked it, where as Wembley seemed like a completely alternative universe.

That makes sense. It’s not the nicest part of london at all. Think that’s why you get all the Trafalgar Square and Covent Garden meet ups (neither of which I would describe as go to areas on a normal night out to be fair)

51 minutes ago, PRL said:

That makes sense. It’s not the nicest part of london at all. Think that’s why you get all the Trafalgar Square and Covent Garden meet ups (neither of which I would describe as go to areas on a normal night out to be fair)

If I had a night out down London I'd 100% stick to the main central parts like