Non-league football

Crumpy Gunt

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Gateshead 45 minutes away from guaranteeing a place in the Play-Offs with 2 games to spare.

Absolutely unreal achievement given they lost Adam Campbell early in the season, Williamson leaving, then losing a handful of loanees in January. 

Rob Elliots super playoff army

1 hour ago, Disco said:

Best Barnet home and away this season. Finish as high as they can to avoid a round and you’d more than fancy them. Be mad to see the Intl in the EFL like. Their budget would be increased a huge amount too. 

Bromley have Oxford City tomorrow so unless they lose that there's next to no chance they go straight through to semis.

Could potentially move up into 4th/5th to at least get a home quarter though.

Edited by ponsaelius

We were at Gateshead last night. Slightly fortunate to win as Chesterfield could have been 3 or 4 up before they got the 1st pen and Gatesheads 2nd pen was one of the worst refereeing decisions I've seen this season.

Only 879 there last night (average is around 1,200) so not quite sure how that could support a Football League Club should the unthinkable happen and they were to make it through the Play Offs 

My local club Truro have just confirmed survival in the National League South after getting promoted last season, which is massive for the club, given for the last few years they've been having to play out of Plymouth as their stadium got sold for a fucking Lidl, thankfully their new ground should be completed later this year.

Fun fact, due to various reasons, they've been playing their home games in fucking Gloucester since March for an insane fixture backlog forced on by the league. Gloucester and Truro aren't close, as @LiquidAK will attest to.

Edited by 54

9 hours ago, Paully said:

Another huge win for Hebburn tonight - 2-0 away! One point behind Stockton with a game in hand which is home on Thursday! 

https://twitter.com/hebburntown/status/1780332011598549372?s=46&t=FsEm6VC2ijNnTjHjyXU7DA

I was wrong - two points behind with two games in hand - Hebburn have four left to play and Stockton two and Hebburn's next three are all at home - Thursday - Saturday - Tuesday!

11 hours ago, 54 said:

Fun fact, due to various reasons, they've been playing their home games in fucking Gloucester since March for an insane fixture backlog forced on by the league. Gloucester and Truro aren't close, as @LiquidAK will attest to.

That is absolutely obscene. It's 200 miles away. :lol:

24 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

That is absolutely obscene. It's 200 miles away. :lol:

Right? Even more hilarious is the fact that Gloucester City play in the National League North :lol: 

I think it is their own fault in a way, as they had issues with the ground share they where using, not 100% familiar as to what that was, but ultimately it caused a massive backlog of home games, which the league then had to step in in order to get them played. That doesn't excuse the National League forcing them to play the games in a place that is at minimum 3 and half hours away. 

2 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

Gateshead v Aldershot tonight. A win for Gateshead moves them up to 4th which theoretically gives them an easier route in the Play Offs.

They've largely been as good away as they have at home, so not sure how much of an advantage it would be. Considering the games they've had it may be better rotating over the final two fixtures to conserve some energy for a midweek QF. Plus I think Halifax are a bit of a dark horse going into the play offs and would be best avoided!

A lot to be said for momentum too though I guess. I think it's going to be too much for them with the backlog, but I'd love to see them go up. Been to a fair few away games with Heed over the years as a mate supports them and I'd just love the chance to tick off a load of L2 grounds :lol:

Edited by ponsaelius

That's my plan as well. Might take in a good few of their away games next season if they were to go up and tick off some grounds I'd otherwise never go to. As thing stand in L2 there's only Tranmere I've been to (also Carlisle who are already mathematically relegated to L2 next season) so loads of new grounds to visit.

53 minutes ago, Disco said:

Stan beat Shildon 2-1 at the top of the NL1. Bodes well.

Was there tonight. Another very enjoyable game/evening. Feeling a ST coming on for next season.

34 minutes ago, UncleBingo said:

Was there tonight. Another very enjoyable game/evening. Feeling a ST coming on for next season.

I bought a part season ticket (10 games) after Xmas. Cost me £45. Can't knock it!

55 minutes ago, UncleBingo said:

Was £75 this season for one IIRC. Would imagine it’ll go up a little if they do the unthinkable and go up though. Fair bit of work being done to the ground over the summer too from a grant win.

6 hours ago, Jinky said:

Gateshead lost 0-1 to Aldershot tonight. Won't make much difference I guess.

Mixed results in the run-in but looks like they've settled just to get top 7 and go from there due to the fixture backlog. Heavy rotation just to get over the line but once the Play-Offs come they'll go full strength. They have a chance. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

11 hours ago, Disco said:

Was £75 this season for one IIRC. Would imagine it’ll go up a little if they do the unthinkable and go up though. Fair bit of work being done to the ground over the summer too from a grant win.

Lets hope that if they gain promotion, they don't purposely shoot themselves in the foot - as North Shields did.

51 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

Lets hope that if they gain promotion, they don't purposely shoot themselves in the foot - as North Shields did.

There's already lots of plans in place regarding ground improvements and the general infrastructure whether they go up or not so definitely exciting times ahead for Stan.

1 minute ago, Wallsendmag said:

There's already lots of plans in place regarding ground improvements and the general infrastructure whether they go up or not so definitely exciting times ahead for Stan.

I've seen they're going to redo the bar and hospitality area. Any other plans in place?

33 minutes ago, UncleBingo said:

I've seen they're going to redo the bar and hospitality area. Any other plans in place?

Nothing major from memory. Just tarting it up a little. It’s already a lot better than it was a couple of years ago and compared to other grounds in the league it’s pretty basic so I think continual improvement is their aim, particularly as the crowds are backing it up at the moment.

1 hour ago, Big Geordie said:

I don’t think there’s much chance of that…hopefully. They’re pretty well ran, lean hugely into the community side of things and are pretty open about what they do.

43 minutes ago, UncleBingo said:

Nowt major. Just heard there'd be a refurb of the clubhouse, better hospitality so they can try to get a few more quid in through that and just general improvements that will constantly be ongoing. They don't want to just stand still.

That Heaton result was good news for Bishops. They just need 4 points from their last 4 games to clinch the title and one of them is against Tow Law, so that should be 3 of them.

Seems they have been wanting promotion for a while, so will be nice to see them back in what was the old Unibond league.

Edited by Paullow