David Platt on Football First

ross magoo

The guy is so anti-Newcastle it's unreal.  Tried his best to make a case for offside after Oba's first and then tried to say that Henchoz should only have been booked.  Every controversial incedent he came down on Blackburn's side.  The man is a fcukin balloon.  He shouldn't be allowed on T.V.

Who really cares about David Platt?

Not even David Platt cares about David Platt, have you seen the state of him?

He looks like David Gests uglier brother ffs.

:lol: If that's not the funniest thing I read today, I will be an unbelievably happy man

The guy is so anti-Newcastle it's unreal.  Tried his best to make a case for offside after Oba's first and then tried to say that Henchoz should only have been booked.  Every controversial incedent he came down on Blackburn's side.  The man is a fcukin balloon.  He shouldn't be allowed on T.V.

Is that even an insult?  :lol:

He sounds a lot like Mark Lawrenson. I get the impression that most of the TV media would love to see us relegated. Whenever I watch a game on Sky, it doesn't matter who we're playing, we always seem to be the 'baddies' to the commentators. Their voice goes up in pitch when the other team attacks, every tackle we make is a foul, every goal we score shouldn't have been give, etc. They always come out with lines like "they need the points" when talking about our opponent like we don't need the points!

Persecution complex? It's not crazy when you're right!

Nah, we're just the luckiest team in the history of football - every goal we score is offside or we we committed deadly sins in the build up. Every goal the opposition score is a master class or due to a defensive error, because our defence is shit, as we're often reminded. Oh yeah and we'd lose a lot more if we didn't have Shay Given, because if we didn't we'd play 11 outfield players - he's just irreplaceable you see.

Fuckin hate the media

Nah, we're just the luckiest team in the history of football - every goal we score is offside or we we committed deadly sins in the build up. Every goal the opposition score is a master class or due to a defensive error, because our defence is shit, as we're often reminded. Oh yeah and we'd lose a lot more if we didn't have Shay Given, because if we didn't we'd play 11 outfield players - he's just irreplaceable you see.

Fuckin hate the media

True, we have the worst defence in the league (trademark on that 'fact' owned by Mark Lawrenson - he thinks if he keeps saying it it will come true) even though they are currently the 9th best defence which isn't bad considering we rarely get the chance to field the same back 4 (or 5 if you count keepers this season) to work on partnerships.

I'd rather the cunts take the piss out of us, it's all that much sweeter when we prove their sorry asses wrong! 

I'd love to see Shearer smack the piss out of Lawro, though.  Right in the middle of a broadcast, he'd reach super

god status.  (That's one notch above legendary for those not in the know :winking: )

I hate Lawrenson, infact I hate all of the media.

It's begs to wonder what they'd be doing if there wasn't these outlets for them to spout their bullshit.  The

only thing worse are the pundit's in North American Football.  Just plain awful. 

Guest Brazilianbob

Doesn't anyone realise the purpose of having footie pundits on MOTD?  It's just the old good guy bad guy routine.  We perceive Lawrenson to be the bad guy with Shearer as the good guy, whilst Blackburn fans will see it the other way round.

Doesn't anyone realise the purpose of having footie pundits on MOTD? It's just the old good guy bad guy routine. We perceive Lawrenson to be the bad guy with Shearer as the good guy, whilst Blackburn fans will see it the other way round.

Not after Shearer agreed with Hughes they won't.

Doesn't anyone realise the purpose of having footie pundits on MOTD? It's just the old good guy bad guy routine. We perceive Lawrenson to be the bad guy with Shearer as the good guy, whilst Blackburn fans will see it the other way round.

Not after Shearer agreed with Hughes they won't.

I was suprised Shearer didn`t think it was a red.  At the time Henchoz was the last man and as he fell down he pulled Oba down by his shirt rugby tackle style.

Shearer is far to neutral for my liking, you wouldn't catch any of the Liverpool contingent doing that.

Problem is, Shearer is TOO professional, as you said the Liverpool fans are always a little (being nice) biased but Shearer seems to force himself to be completely neutral which is a shame as we need him to stand up to the other w*nkers!

Loved it tonight on MOTD2,

"Well you see Chelsea beating Newcastle and Everton"

Mark Lawrenson - "Yeah especially when Everton have some key players out"

Yes thats great 'Lawro' but what about Newcastle's 13 or so injured? forget to mention that? you fucking ugly bastard

I honestly cant see a case against henchoz's red.  He grabs the guys shorts and legs as he's falling!  It's a proffessional foul!  You do that anywhere on the pitch and it's a yellow, do it in a goalscoring opportunity and it's a red! Simple!

And how can you possibly make a case for offside?

Guest Deep456

Yes thats great 'Lawro' but what about Newcastle's 13 or so injured? forget to mention that? you f***ing ugly bastard

He is just jealous because we have always been better than Liverpool since the premiership up and till recently.

Yes thats great 'Lawro' but what about Newcastle's 13 or so injured? forget to mention that? you f***ing ugly bastard

He is just jealous because we have always been better than Liverpool since the premiership up and till recently.

You think?

:lol: