Rotherham United 0 - 1 Newcastle United - 01/10/16 post match blather from p23

BlueStar

Mitro did absolutely nothing wrong when he came on.

Mitro there man, pathetic.

What's he done now?

Nothing, Neesy's a dick.

Actually no, you're a dick.

But yeah, Mitrovic gave the ball away 3 times in added time. I think that's what Neesy's referring to.

Guest firetotheworks

Diame was perfectly fine in the second half. Much improved.

Just came in to say the same thing, he had a few first time passes that I particularly enjoyed.

All teams that are relegated from the prem have fans saying that they ought to trash teams like Rotherham... It never really happens does it?

As I recall it when MCFC was down it was a struggle, 1-0, 2-1 wins away mostly.. and draws.

At home there was different of course.

Colback terrible as usual. Had a simple 3 yard pass to make to Shelvey at the end and absolutely pinged it at him. Fucking cretin.

Colback has a very good game IMO, albeit lost his composure in the final 10 or so. He did the dogwork for the team very well today.

Disclaimer - obviously I still don't want him playing.

I didn't really notice him, but as usual when he's playing, we don't dominate the midfield area.

Guest neesy111

What's he done now?

Nothing, Neesy's a dick.

But yeah, Mitrovic gave the ball away 3 times in added time. I think that's what Neesy's referring to.

Exactly, thought we were worse after he came on.  Lost the ball a few times.

Guest neesy111

What's he done now?

Absolutely nothing, he was very effective when he came on, should have started, him and Gayle up front and we would have won by a few.

Effective, he did nothing of note and give it away a few times.

All teams that are relegated from the prem have fans saying that they ought to trash teams like Rotherham... It never really happens does it?

As I recall it when MCFC was down it was a struggle, 1-0, 2-1 wins away mostly.. and draws.

Not expecting us to thrash them, i just think we do a bad job of when we get a lead of maintaining pressure to kill the game off. We have already dropped points this season because of it, i don't blame anyone in particular as it's something that takes a while to get mentally right but it's definitely something we need to improve on IMO.

Colback terrible as usual. Had a simple 3 yard pass to make to Shelvey at the end and absolutely pinged it at him. Fucking cretin.

Colback has a very good game IMO, albeit lost his composure in the final 10 or so. He did the dogwork for the team very well today.

Disclaimer - obviously I still don't want him playing.

I didn't really notice him, but as usual when he's playing, we don't dominate the midfield area.

Whenever the ball came towards our third he was there, retaining the ball and laying it on. Nothing special but an important performance particularly when Diame, Atsu, Gayle and Shelvey had a spell high up the pitch early in the second half.

Not expecting us to thrash them, i just think we do a bad job of when we get a lead of maintaining pressure to kill the game off. We have already dropped points this season because of it, i don't blame anyone in particular as it's something that takes a while to get mentally right but it's definitely something we need to improve on IMO.

Without question.

What's he done now?

Nothing, Neesy's a dick.

We were worse after he came on, less pace up front and he doesn't win stuff in the air or hold it up which is what he's supposed to be there for.

Good result, looked comfortable all game bar a spell at the end, and things got nervy. Atsu the standout, Mitro did okay when he came on. Colback wasn't shit surprisingly, Diame has a good game. Onwards and upwards.

What's he done now?

Nothing, Neesy's a dick.

We were worse after he came on, less pace up front and he doesn't win stuff in the air or hold it up which is what he's supposed to be there for.

:lol:

Nerves are shot after that last 15 minutes.

Really? They did fuck all. Even the one that hit the post came off our player.

I found it a bit nervewracking/frustrating given that we hadn't done enough to get the other goal, but I never felt like we were going to concede. Not with Lascelles in the side today; absolutely nothing was getting past him. Big fan of the guy.

Guest firetotheworks

What's he done now?

Absolutely nothing, he was very effective when he came on, should have started, him and Gayle up front and we would have won by a few.

Effective, he did nothing of note and give it away a few times.

When did he give it away? Bit daft picking on his 10 minutes tbh, he held it up fine.

Nerves are shot after that last 15 minutes.

Really? They did fuck all. Even the one that hit the post came off our player.

Lot of high balls into the box from corners and throw ins from which anything can happen and for us usually does!!