Rotherham United 0 - 1 Newcastle United - 01/10/16 post match blather from p23

BlueStar

Guest firetotheworks

Mitro there man, pathetic.

What's he done now?

Absolutely nothing, he was very effective when he came on, should have started, him and Gayle up front and we would have won by a few.

Effective, he did nothing of note and give it away a few times.

When did he give it away? Bit daft picking on his 10 minutes tbh, he held it up fine.

He gifted the ball back to their central midfield when he and two(?) other players were trying to kill time in the corner, meaning they could break on us and we were weak positionally. Ludicrous decision-making.

But meh, came to nothing anyway. Not arsed.

My stream must have skipped that bit.

I still thought Colback was w***. No composure whatsoever. :dontknow:

Can't say I agree with that, his last ten minutes aside. I thought he was very assured and always in the right position today.

As far as the Colback's scale goes, that was right up there. On the overall scale it was still low down there, we should be dominating the midfield so much more.

Still don't agree. I hate him as much as the next guy but thought he had a good game in his role by anyone's standards.

Good in what way?

Trouble with Colback, and I saw this in the 5-1 against Tottenham last day, is he's much improved under Rafa, but the weaknesses are still there and you will never take them out of his game because they are his upper limits. He's not going to get better, never will. He's slow to react and he's rash, he has limited awareness. He's not fast, he's not strong. He's not good enough but can still put a shift in.

Guest neesy111

What's he done now?

Absolutely nothing, he was very effective when he came on, should have started, him and Gayle up front and we would have won by a few.

I guess its just a case of whether the glass is half-full or half-empty.

I saw him, as the lone outfield player, successfully maintain possession through clever use of the ball several times. I focused on that and you apparently focused on the times he couldn't do that through being surrounded or vastly outnumbered.

But your attitude is so very different to what it was a year or two ago, I can't be the only one who sees that. You appear so cynical and negative in many of your posts and I don't know what has happened to you to change you so much. Having one of the biggest wum's on the board jump in agreeing with you doesn't actually enhance your case.

(Well that's a fucked up quote, sigh)

Sorry but I'm sick of the hype mitro gets for the little output he delivers.  Shola at the same age was a better player and prospect imo.

Can't say I agree with that, his last ten minutes aside. I thought he was very assured and always in the right position today.

As far as the Colback's scale goes, that was right up there. On the overall scale it was still low down there, we should be dominating the midfield so much more.

Still don't agree. I hate him as much as the next guy but thought he had a good game in his role by anyone's standards.

Good in what way?

Sitting in front of the back 4 and mopping up play, distributing the ball well (for the most part) and generally being a grunt, doing the dogs work.

Good in what way?

Already said in my previous posts.

What's he done now?

I saw him, as the lone outfield player, successfully maintain possession through clever use of the ball several times. I focused on that and you apparently focused on the times he couldn't do that through being surrounded or vastly outnumbered.

But your attitude is so very different to what it was a year or two ago, I can't be the only one who sees that. You appear so cynical and negative in many of your posts and I don't know what has happened to you to change you so much. Having one of the biggest wum's on the board jump in agreeing with you doesn't actually enhance your case.

Sorry but I'm sick of the hype mitro gets for the little output he delivers.  Shola at the same age was a better player and prospect imo.

I'm sick of the stick Mitro get for doing absolutly nothing wrong, in limited outings, because of people's pre-defined opinions.

Guest firetotheworks

Good in what way?

Sitting in front of the back 4 and mopping up play, distributing the ball well (for the most part) and generally being a grunt, doing the dogs work.

Is this satire?

Good in what way?

Is this satire?

No, just the weirdo who was defending McClaren while he was blatantly taking us down.

Colback was typically shit today.

Guest neesy111

What's he done now?

I'm sick of the stick Mitro get for doing absolutly nothing wrong, in limited outings, because of people's pre-defined opinions.

He's a £13m striker.  I expect far more from a target man.

What's he done now?

Nail on head there. I see it so much on here. It's like a cultural meme that develops within the limits of the board and many find it easier to adopt that than use their own powers of discernment and observation.

From someone who's lived through a few decades now I can say I'm honestly quite scared about what is happening to modern culture. Sound-bytes and consensus rules the day.

What's he done now?

Hes not just played 2 games worth of minutes this season man :lol:

Calm down a bit.

Good in what way?

Is this satire?

No, just the weirdo who was defending McClaren while he was blatantly taking us down.

Colback was typically shit today.

Give over.

What's he done now?

He was on the pitch for 10 minutes. You had a go at him against Norwich too despite him playing a massive part in both goals to win us the game.

I get it like, we all have players we irrationally hate, but he doesn't deserve this at all.

- Diame, Colback and Dummett had a poor first half but were all much better in the 2nd.

- Atsu and Clarke were big plusses and a special mention to Darlow, other than a couple of awkward clearances, looked assured. Atsu didn't look fucked but realise he is behind everyone else in terms of fitness. Would have liked to see him stay on and Ritchie on the left.

- Gayle and Gouffran didn't impact the game much but we didn't really make plays for them, especially in the first half.

- Shelvey was great bar a couple of silly give aways.

- Overall we simply just have to be more clinical. How many matches is it now we have had double or triple the amount of shots but concert 1 out of 19 today.. bah. Also I am all for mixing it up with play along the turf and a few long balls. It makes sense. But we tend to hit brainless long balls too often. Our final ball in the first half especially was pathetic. The second half was much better but we had no-one that could finish. The antithesis of the past.

Mitro came on and made a good header straight to Diame who then had the opportunity to run at goal, no?

He then won a couple of freekicks and headers, that relieved the pressure.

He made one huge error at the end, when he tried to cross the ball when he should have kept it in the corner. But I don't see how anyone can slate him for that 10 minute spell, especially when he was thrown on to do nothing other than relieve a bit of pressure as we were hanging on.

Colback was okay, Diame better today than he was on Wednesday but I'd not have either of them in the team.

Clark and Lascelles were very good at the back, again.

What's he done now?

(Well that's a f***ed up quote, sigh)

His knockdowns were responsible for our 3rd and 4th goals against Norwich :lol:

In his only start we won 6-0

I'd like him to be better too like but you can think that he would be a useful addition to our first XI and still think he has his limitations.

What's he done now?

Nail on head there. I see it so much on here. It's like a cultural meme that develops within the limits of the board and many find it easier to adopt that than use their own powers of discernment and observation.

From someone who's lived through a few decades now I can say I'm honestly quite scared about what is happening to modern culture. Sound-bytes and consensus rules the day.

I don't think it's that. People just make their own judgement & go off that. Mitro's missed sitters previously so thats biasing some people against him in general, obviously objectively he's had very little time to do anything this season. He did miss a few chances before his goal though. Given time i'm sure he'll be alright, he's not getting it currently.

What's he done now?

He was on the pitch for 10 minutes. You had a go at him against Norwich too despite him playing a massive part in both goals to win us the game.

I get it like, we all have players we irrationally hate, but he doesn't deserve this at all.

Aye, he did what he was (probably) told to do. Win headers, hold up the ball etc. The linesman gave them 2 throw ins that should have been ours during this time as well.