Preston North End 1-2 Newcastle United - 29/10/16 - post match reaction from p17

Greg

Mind you it's just as delusional or idiotic as this place can be at times. I spoke to a Preston fan today after the game and he couldn't speak highly enough of us as a fan base or as a team. Despite saying his lot deserved something which they arguably did.

Cannot remember the last time I spoke in person to an opposition fan and they weren't humble tbh, forums are a different animal though. I think every football forum is full of biased cunts. [emoji38] Probably us too aye sunce getting rid Alan, John & Steve. Still, them saying they'd rather have Ben Pearson over Jonjo Shelvey is a bit like us saying we'd rather have Isaac Hayden over Kevin de Bruyne.

...and?

(Hayden > De Bruyne [emoji38])

Winning aside, the best part of yesterday was our reaction to their number 4 when we scored the first. He'd just been involved in a free kick incident, decided to be a dick and square up to two of players, continued to play the victim but within a few moments had to endure the abuse of Shelvey, Lascelles and Clark (probably others) as they ran passed him to celebrate the goal.

He somehow got MOTM.

Love how they are all crying over the fact they have a stone wall penalty denied (aye, it was a penalty) but are completely ignoring the fact that 6 minutes should never have been added on and the incident happened in about the 128th minute.

Shit happens, we had a stone wall penalty (maybe even two) not given at Fulham in a game we lost. You get some, you don't get others.

Sorry but this is bollocks.

You go in any home end and make it known you're an away fan you're very lucky if you don't get a slap.

Any knobhead geordies giving it the big un in our stands got what they asked for.

Especially the scruffy grey haired prick in the IP shaking his fist towards the away end.

:anguish: That was written by a mod on that Preston forum. Backwards twat.

I actually think it was a good, resolute display first half and our fans were relatively quiet because half of them just expect us to win every game. The atmosphere picked up second half for both sides and that helped our players more than theirs.