Preston North End 1-2 Newcastle United - 29/10/16 - post match reaction from p17

Greg

They seem a tad delusional, tbh. They'd rather have Ben Pearson than Shelvey 'on current form'. Strange folk.

Edit: And now the XI today would've beaten our team in midweek. Yeah, that's how football works :lol:

"Would have him over 70k a week Shelvey."

:lol: aye mate, you'd have him over the best player of the side top of the league. Makes loads of sense that.

the fuck is Ben Pearson

Winning these type of games is what gets you promoted....being able to dig in and battle away from home as well as turning on the style at SJP.

Haven't seen any of the game but by the sound of it, we had to fight for the points and that shows character...remember that they had beaten other promotion challengers prior to this so we have broken their run.

The referee sounds as if he has both done us a favour(with their pen refusal)and screwed us with all that extra time - all credit to our players for being able to play the game out against the odds.

I am not surprised that people are impressed with Darlow because I also think he has shown he could be a great keeper...improved with every appearance last season.

Another win, another step to the target....

Honestly though, as much as they can twist on about the penalty it would have been a disgrace if it was given.

Yedlin was brought off because of some bellend throwing a coin off him, replaced by Hanley who obviously wasn't prepared and then barged Beckford down a minute later. Karma 'n that.

They seem a tad delusional, tbh. They'd rather have Ben Pearson than Shelvey 'on current form'. Strange folk.

Edit: And now the XI today would've beaten our team in midweek. Yeah, that's how football works :lol:

"Would have him over 70k a week Shelvey."

:lol: aye mate, you'd have him over the best player of the side top of the league. Makes loads of sense that.

Mental :lol:

Shelvey has torn quite a few teams to absolute shreds, already, yet they'd rather have some lad who can run about a bit and do some tackles? Mental. Having more of a readthrough and it just seems there's a lot of knackers on there -  really odd opinions across the board.

Mind you it's just as delusional or idiotic as this place can be at times. I spoke to a Preston fan today after the game and he couldn't speak highly enough of us as a fan base or as a team. Despite saying his lot deserved something which they arguably did.

Mind you it's just as delusional or idiotic as this place can be at times. I spoke to a Preston fan today after the game and he couldn't speak highly enough of us as a fan base or as a team. Despite saying his lot deserved something which they arguably did.

In fairness they probably deserved to go into the break with a lead we were very poor first half by the looks/sounds of it. Second half was much better but yeah Preston definitely have an argument that they deserved a point but too bad that's what happens when you're up against the best you lose even when you feel you should have drawn (or won according to some PNE fans)

Cannot remember the last time I spoke in person to an opposition fan and they weren't humble tbh, forums are a different animal though. I think every football forum is full of biased cunts. :lol: Probably us too aye sunce getting rid Alan, John & Steve. Still, them saying they'd rather have Ben Pearson over Jonjo Shelvey is a bit like us saying we'd rather have Isaac Hayden over Kevin de Bruyne.

Cannot remember the last time I spoke in person to an opposition fan and they weren't humble tbh, forums are a different animal though. I think every football forum is full of biased c***s. :lol: Probably us too aye sunce getting rid Alan, John & Steve. Still, them saying they'd rather have Ben Pearson over Jonjo Shelvey is a bit like us saying we'd rather have Isaac Hayden over Kevin de Bruyne.

Agree on the 'opposition fan in person' point.

All the Preston fans around me were absolutely sound yesterday. They were aggrieved at the penalty incidents, but it was all hand shakes at the end and 'happy that we've held our own against the best team in the league', Which was a fair reflection.

Quality atmosphere in the away end yesterday, stand felt like it was shaking when them 'Mitro's on fire' chants got going in the second half.

Rafa acknowledging everytime the fans were chanting his name too :lol: