Do NUFC Need To Change Away Ticket Criteria?

Crumpy Gunt

There's a set of fans with well over 100 points that buy a ticket every game, and if they don't attend sell on to family, friends, friends of friends etc. It means unless I go to all the midweek away games this year, which personally I find very hard to make because of work commitments, I am going to find it very hard to accumulate points (I have 1 point, I went to Preston away which was on a sat but had a huge allocation)

I don't think it's fair at all.

There's a set of fans with well over 100 points that buy a ticket every game, and if they don't attend sell on to family, friends, friends of friends etc. It means unless I go to all the midweek away games this year, which personally I find very hard to make because of work commitments, I am going to find it very hard to accumulate points (I have 1 point, I went to Preston away which was on a sat but had a huge allocation)

As I've explained, even this season there's the opportunity to earn around a dozen loyalty points. No system is totally fair, and there's always some people out there who will abuse it, but the current way of rewarding the fans who spend the most time and money travelling the length of the Country is still the fairest.

You've been to one away game. One of our more local ones with a Saturday 3pm kick off and therefore you have one point. That shouldn't give you priority over someone who travels week in week out, doing the likes of Norwich away on a Wednesday night etc.

Noticeably these complaints have only came about this season which begs the question, why didn't these moaners pipe up about it last season or the one before that? The answer is that they didn't bother going back then because we weren't winning. If they had done they would have quite a few loyalty points behind them now.

You have to remember that those fans have attended enough games, often unattractive and distant, over the years to put themselves in that position. Obviously young fans haven't been around long enough to do so and i sympathise with them. Knowing NUFC it's only a matter of time before we're struggling on the pitch again and away games will be a lot less popular so people will get their chance to build up points. After all it was only last season when you were often ridiculed/classed as some sort of scab by some on here for going to games.

Basically I only want to go to away games in the south in lieu of home games, so I'm fooked. Happy to travel up for a few home games a season, only annoying thing is that it costs £150+ and doesn't earn any points.

Sympathise with you there mind as you're putting in the miles, and spending your time and money without any reward (in terms of loyalty points).

I don't think they should change the system, but I do think of myself as quite a loyal fan and I have 0 loyalty points. Even the away games I've gone to I've bought the ticket from someone else or direct with the away club (Fulham).

Anyway, can't think of a better way to do it, price of success and all that.

Technically there's nothing to stop you buying a ticket for every game that goes to zero and if you don't attend, selling it on to family, friends, friends of friends etc.

Fair enough we don't really want to be encouraging that, but if you feel you are somehow being stitched-up by an unfair system, maybe you need to play the game?

FWIW, I don't think the number of fans is that buy a ticket for every game but don't go to that many is particularly high.

Technically there's nothing to stop you buying a ticket for every game that goes to zero and if you don't attend, selling it on to family, friends, friends of friends etc.

Fair enough we don't really want to be encouraging that, but if you feel you are somehow being stitched-up by an unfair system, maybe you need to play the game?

FWIW, I don't think the number of fans is that buy a ticket for every game but don't go to that many is particularly high.

I don't think it's high either. Once someone gets 100+ points they are more or less guaranteed a ticket so there's no need to apply just to build up points. The only gain is to do someone a favour by getting them a ticket.

Just be nice to have the choice like. No disrespect to anyone who goes but it just becomes a big club doing it the way it is to some extent. I pretty much accept that it's the way it is and I'm sure there are legitimate reasons for it. Just used to be a great day out as a kid. Don't suppose you get many young kids going as a result?

I understand the sentiment here. However, it's simply a by-product of how popular football has become since the inception of the PL, and there is no way round it.

Just be nice to have the choice like. No disrespect to anyone who goes but it just becomes a big club doing it the way it is to some extent. I pretty much accept that it's the way it is and I'm sure there are legitimate reasons for it. Just used to be a great day out as a kid. Don't suppose you get many young kids going as a result?

You do have the choice. Go to the games, earn the points, then unlock the prizes.

Always staggers me why people have an issue with this.

I'm from the midlands and live in London. Like I said before. It's not cost effective for me to do it down the conventional route as it's costly enough for a home game without going down the membership route. I may be misinterpreting the rules but I like Ian and my family am just in the unfortunate position that has me losing out. It's also got nothing to do with me just wanting to go because we're winning as some have asserted about others. I accept its the way it is but it's not as cut and dry as that, for me anyway.

It could do with tweaking but in general it's a good system.

It's unfortunate if you can't go often due to life and location and stuff, and when you are free and it's convenient you don't have the points, but if you did get the ticket you'd be taking it away from someone who's been putting the hours in time and time again, probably sacrificing other things to make it.

There're only so many tickets to go around.

It could do with tweaking but in general it's a good system.

It's unfortunate if you can't go often due to life and location and stuff, and when you are free and it's convenient you don't have the points, but if you did get the ticket you'd be taking it away from someone who's been putting the hours in time and time again, probably sacrificing other things to make it.

There're only so many tickets to go around.

I get why its good to reward people like that. It's just a bit shit - I used to really enjoy the away atmosphere as a bairn. At least they do actually go to general sale now.

As one of the younger fans, I believe the loyalty points system is fair. (Fwiw, I've been to 4 away games, Spurs in 2012-13, Man United in 2013-14, Leicester in the FA Cup and Palace last season). Fans who've been putting in the money and travelling over the years watching us get humped under Pardew, Carver and McClaren should get first dip. No one complained about it under those mongs, but since now many have jumped onto the Rafa bandwagon people are complaining.

The only change I'd make is giving a loyalty point for home cup games. I'm a ST holder and get to every home cup game so it'd be nice to be rewarded for it. But all in all, it's fair for me.

Guest neesy111

The system is fine for now, but at some point possibly in 5-10 years time points will have be culled or have a maximum amount per person.

As one of the younger fans, I believe the loyalty points system is fair. (Fwiw, I've been to 4 away games, Spurs in 2012-13, Man United in 2013-14, Leicester in the FA Cup and Palace last season). Fans who've been putting in the money and travelling over the years watching us get humped under Pardew, Carver and McClaren should get first dip. No one complained about it under those mongs, but since now many have jumped onto the Rafa bandwagon people are complaining.

The only change I'd make is giving a loyalty point for home cup games. I'm a ST holder and get to every home cup game so it'd be nice to be rewarded for it. But all in all, it's fair for me.

Really? Genuine question.

Really? Genuine question.

In regards to people I know in person and things I've seen on Twitter, yes. People who once ridiculed fans for going are now complaining about the loyalty point system. These are people I know and seen on Twitter though. So nothing to do with people on here.

Anyone complaining because they don't have enough loyalty points to buy tickets, The Wigan game is down to zero points. buy a ticket. It's your opportunity to start building points, if you refuse to, you can't complain.

Haven't had a ST for about 10 years and when I gave it up, I was on about 10 points.

I've bought various tickets as a member or on general sale since then. The only thing I'd perhaps change is that anyone like me who got a ST again could have points added for the tickets bought in that time (but not the ones they lost) added on.

Anyone complaining because they don't have enough loyalty points to buy tickets, The Wigan game is down to zero points. buy a ticket. It's your opportunity to start building points, if you refuse to, you can't complain.

O0    on reflection i guess ya right, put the effort in and the rewards will come.

Bristol City, Fulham, Derby, Villa, Wigan, Barnsley, Preston, QPR - 8 games this season that have gone to 0 points.

By the end of the season it'll be around 15 games that have reached 0 points. Attend the games, get the points.

Those who travel more frequently, spend more money and cover more miles deserve priority over those who pick and choose which games they attend (for whatever reason; family, money or whatever).

Bristol City, Fulham, Derby, Villa, Wigan, Barnsley, Preston, QPR - 8 games this season that have gone to 0 points.

By the end of the season it'll be around 15 games that have reached 0 points. Attend the games, get the points.

Those who travel more frequently, spend more money and cover more miles deserve priority over those who pick and choose which games they attend (for whatever reason; family, money or whatever).

I can't really see how anyone can have an argument against this.

Definitely.