Burton Albion 1 - 2 Newcastle United - 17/12/16 Post match reaction from page 8

BlueStar

Guest firetotheworks

The last two matches have been very functional away wins, I couldn't ask for any more. The only time I've really questioned Rafa recently is the whole weakened against Blackburn, but then playing Sels thing. Aside from that he's been outstanding.

Guest firetotheworks

Aye, imagine us playing You'll Never Walk Alone at SJP having just lost 2-1 to Liverpool. My entire skin would crawl off my body.

Blame Plymouth. They set the bar by throwing us a fucking promotion party when they'd been relegated.

Fucking hell, I completely forgot about that. [emoji38] I'd have been livid as a Plymouth fan.

Before anyone mentions it, used to go and watch Burton and they for some reason play Local Hero at the end of every game. Nee idea why.

Didn't even register that there was anything unusual about it until reading this :lol:

Burton Albion playing Going Home (Local Hero) ???

There ye gan, more proof.

Apparently Tranmere and Aberdeen play it too. Who knew? It's not ours like, it's just some rousing music.

The last two matches have been very functional away wins, I couldn't ask for any more. The only time I've really questioned Rafa recently is the whole weakened against Blackburn, but then playing Sels thing. Aside from that he's been outstanding.

Still think he got it wrong at Villa last season. They were there for the taking. Other than that, flawless.

Before anyone mentions it, used to go and watch Burton and they for some reason play Local Hero at the end of every game. Nee idea why.

Didn't even register that there was anything unusual about it until reading this :lol:

Burton Albion playing Going Home (Local Hero) ???

There ye gan, more proof.

Eh? I'm not saying you're lying, I thought it was BBC Radio Newcastle playing it until I read your post.

Unless you just quoted me but were making a general point? :lol:

:lol: Aye just the latter.

I love the way our defenders are genuinely pissed off when we concede instead of just shrugging their shoulders and heading back to the half way line.

Could'nt make it to the match today as i'm full of flu, Typical as i only live a 3 minute walk away from the ground and was really looking forward to it. Glad we won but knew it would be a tough game as Burton have a ok home record. 3 points and top of the league by Christmas