Newcastle Utd. v Notts Forest 30/12/16 at 7.45pm (not on TV)

shintonsghost

Score early we will be fine, concede first we will probably lose.

As for the team, ideally Diame, Ritchie, Perez,  Dummett and Colback would all not start, however we have limited options so no idea how to set up considering we will not go with two up top.

If we lose this game - or even draw it - we can start having to worry about the Play-offs...

Give over man, half the season to go yet.  We've won the most games and scored the most goals.  Things aren't perfect but we are at the top for a reason,  we have the right manager and our squad are a good bunch

Read - my - lips....we have lost FOUR home games and the season is only half over...good sides would not lose more than 4 games at home over the whole season, let alone half of it. Our goal diff advantage was because of one freak result at QPR - how many goals did we concede at SJP whilst losing to the 4 sides who beat us...? also, if Darlow hadn't been in such excellent form yesterday, we could have conceded FOUR without reply.

We are top UNLESS Brighton win tonight and then we won't be...fail to beat Forest and they will stay there too - that is also for a reason(maybe they have better players in crucial positions...?).

Our players may be a 'good bunch' as far as you are concerned, but they are only a 'good bunch' if they get the club back into the PL - where it should be - next season. Too many of the good bunch are not good enough on the field and won't be at the club much longer. We DO have an excellent manager but he is not a miracle worker and can only work with the material at his disposal.

We got beat, calm down man.  We will all be singing their praises again in the not too distant future.  As for losing games, we could lose loads more this season and still go up.  We are a good side at this level, despite the games we've lost.  It's December, the question of who is good enough or not is for another day

As for the team, ideally Diame, Ritchie, Perez,  Dummett and Colback would all not start, however we have limited options so no idea how to set up considering we will not go with two up top.

If we lose this game - or even draw it - we can start having to worry about the Play-offs...

Give over man, half the season to go yet.  We've won the most games and scored the most goals.  Things aren't perfect but we are at the top for a reason,  we have the right manager and our squad are a good bunch

Read - my - lips....we have lost FOUR home games and the season is only half over...good sides would not lose more than 4 games at home over the whole season, let alone half of it. Our goal diff advantage was because of one freak result at QPR - how many goals did we concede at SJP whilst losing to the 4 sides who beat us...? also, if Darlow hadn't been in such excellent form yesterday, we could have conceded FOUR without reply.

We are top UNLESS Brighton win tonight and then we won't be...fail to beat Forest and they will stay there too - that is also for a reason(maybe they have better players in crucial positions...?).

Our players may be a 'good bunch' as far as you are concerned, but they are only a 'good bunch' if they get the club back into the PL - where it should be - next season. Too many of the good bunch are not good enough on the field and won't be at the club much longer. We DO have an excellent manager but he is not a miracle worker and can only work with the material at his disposal.

We got beat, calm down man.  We will all be singing their praises again in the not too distant future.  As for losing games, we could lose loads more this season and still go up.  We are a good side at this level, despite the games we've lost.  It's December, the question of who is good enough or not is for another day

If you think we could lose 'loads' more and still go up you are not watching the football most of us on here were watching yesterday...and have watched for most of this season.

I disagree with your analysis.

Guest alijmitchell

If we're sticking to 4321, then I'd like to see Yedlin, Atsu and Perez start instead of Diame, Colback and Gouffran. Stick Anita central with Hayden

If you think we could lose 'loads' more and still go up you are not watching the football most of us on here were watching yesterday...and have watched for most of this season.

Fair enough, yesterday was poor but it wasn't our season.  A lot of our football has been excellent this season and we've scored a s*** load of goals.  Plus we have been fantastic away from home.  I don't see how you can disagree with it, this division is an absolute slog and it's impossible to be great every week.

I've got to get from Whitley Bay to level 7 within 45 minutes for this game, I bet as soon as I get in we concede.

No chance with the current state of the Coast Road. Used to be able to get from Whitley to town in 20 minutes.

Edit: Unless you are getting the metro and I have completely wasted my time with this post.

I've got to get from Whitley Bay to level 7 within 45 minutes for this game, I bet as soon as I get in we concede.

No chance with the current state of the Coast Road. Used to be able to get from Whitley to town in 20 minutes.

Edit: Unless you are getting the metro and I have completely wasted my time with this post.

:lol:

In the soap opera which passed itself off as our away game with these, Forest set-up with every one behind the ball. They gave us possession and hoped to frustrate & hit us on the break. Although they apparently pretty much do this all the time, they were pretty ineffective (not even a poor man's Leicester) and to me looked lacking all round, yet they won (I know...). That said they will take some breaking down at SJP. I really want to give them a spanking (please, please let Lansbury be 'fit' to play) and whilst I am not holding my breath, without Mr Shelvey think we are going to need more creativity and urgency to get through the massed ranks and really turn them over. Hope to see some tactical changes (no Colback, maybe Yedlin and Atsu staring along with Ritchie) and yes: two strikers. Not least to just even up the number of players sitting deep in their half. Can't see us not beating them anyway (I would be genuinely shocked; they looked that shit) but it is time for a performance. Let's take it to them.

Fair enough, yesterday was poor but it wasn't our season.  A lot of our football has been excellent this season and we've scored a s*** load of goals.  Plus we have been fantastic away from home.  I don't see how you can disagree with it, this division is an absolute slog and it's impossible to be great every week.

Home record has NOT seen excellent football apart from Preston in the LC(they fielded a weakened side)and Birmingham in the last but one match at SJP. We huffed and puffed and failed to blow down the walls of Wolves, Blackburn, Huddersfield and Weds(they could have beaten us by a clear 4 goals but for Darlow's brilliant form). Had we conceded all the chances Wednesday created our goal diff would have disappeared(Brighton scored 3 without reply last night).

We are losing home matches because our players are not good enough/lack the spirit to cope with the situation when they go a goal behind at SJP and we lack the pace to get behind well-organized defences who tackle hard and fast. The right side of our defence is poor and offers little in building attacks...

Is any of this incorrect..??

I wouldn't be against seeing several changes, both to the line-up and the formation. It obviously didn't work against Blackburn but most of the players were rubbish against both Sheff Wed and Burton, deservedly losing at home against the former.

He isn't as choppy-changey as he was at the start of the season and I wonder if the established first eleven players are getting a touch complacent.

Darlow

Yedlin

Lascelles

Clark

Lazaar

Atsu

Diame

Hayden

Ritchie

Gayle

Mitrovic

... Obviously won't happen but I'd like to see us mix it up. If Lazaar is incompetent just hook him.

I wouldn't be against seeing several changes, both to the line-up and the formation. It obviously didn't work against Blackburn but most of the players were rubbish against both Sheff Wed and Burton, deservedly losing at home against the former.

He isn't as choppy-changey as he was at the start of the season and I wonder if the established first eleven players are getting a touch complacent.

Darlow

Yedlin

Lascelles

Clark

Lazaar

Atsu

Diame

Hayden

Ritchie

Gayle

Mitrovic

... Obviously won't happen but I'd like to see us mix it up. If Lazaar is incompetent just hook him.

Would really love to see this. Forward overlapping movement from both fullbacks all four midfielders are competent attackers. Mitro giving as good as the he gets from the Forest CBs, creating gaps for Gayle to exploit. Would be exciting to see it take shape and offer a 'home' more attack minded option.

Guest neesy111

I was in the NINE bar before the game on boxing day and I'm sure the announcer said they show all home games in there on the tellies, can anyone confirm this or was I hearing things? Waited too long to get a Forest ticket and fancy watching it.

Yes, they always show Home games in NINE.  Been like that since it opened.

I was in the NINE bar before the game on boxing day and I'm sure the announcer said they show all home games in there on the tellies, can anyone confirm this or was I hearing things? Waited too long to get a Forest ticket and fancy watching it.

Yes, they always show Home games in NINE.  Been like that since it opened.

Well fuck my arse I had no idea, why have I been listening to the radio some home games :anguish:

Coast road isn't usually a problem at that time of night. I did the same journey on Monday and I was in town within 20 minutes. The problem driving wise is the lights at Billy Mill which take about 5-10 minutes to change back to green. Once I have parked I have to get to the ground and then up all those stairs. I have to face it, I'm not going to be able to do it in time.