Newcastle United 2-2 Queens Park Rangers - 01/02/17 - 19:45

BlueStar

We looked a lot better in the last half hour, when Gouffran was shifted away from the wing. The shape looked much better, and we created enough chances to win.

Not much you could say about the own goal. It was a very good cross, and not obviously the keeper's ball, with Clark there. s*** happens.

I felt a bit sorry for Ayoze and the two missed chances. He was right to shoot for the first. He was 12 yards out with the only the keeper to beat, and it wouldn't have been easy to find Ritchie. But as they said, the bollocking must have got to him, because then he tried to cross when he should have shot a few minutes later.

I'm down about the result, but encouraged by the performance in the last half hour, when we seemed to rediscover our mojo.

It's darlow's fault clearly.

I don't think he had time to react personally.

He can, at the least, tell Clark to leave it. Definitely Darlow's fault imo.

The cross was quite fast and low. I just don't think the defender would leave it even if there was a shout, and I still think it all just happened a fraction too fast.

Only saw bits and pieces as still at work but we looked poor from what I saw and have heard on here. Saw the two Perez incidents near the end and both were awful, lacking confidence or not the first was an unconvincing attempt with no pace or conviction in it and the second was even worse. Was really hoping he's be a decent player for us, especially in this league but he's gone backwards at an alarming rate.

As for their second goal, I can only assume Darlow hasn't given Clark a shout there, as a defender he has to try and get something on the ball if he doesn't know what's behind him.

All in all a very disappointing last couple of days with the Townsend saga and then a poor result and performance tonight. Rafa needs to lift them somehow for the run of games coming up.

Time for Lascelles to be rested like. He's been wank for a while.

Yep, we have very adequate replacements. Hanley and Clark should start the next game. I have no doubt Lascelles will be a quality player but he needs to be dropped so he can get his head straight. He is still young and this type of run of form is not unusual so drop him for a bit and he will come back hungry and determined.

I felt a bit sorry for Ayoze and the two missed chances. He was right to shoot for the first.

I bet you cry at the two minute filler interviews on This Morning when Tracey Pleb's son has died or something.

If you think Perez shooting was the right decision then you're either mental or blind fwiw.

Great decision to take off our only striker and replace him with Sammy. Whilst Sammy was okay when he came on, leaving Perez and Gouffran as our attacking outlet backfired. Great day to throw Mitrovic over the coals.

Should have had it wrapped up, but here we are with a 2-2 draw.

It didn't, we created far more chances and should have scored at least two. Poor finishing and poor player decisions cost us, imo.

We looked a lot better in the last half hour, when Gouffran was shifted away from the wing. The shape looked much better, and we created enough chances to win.

Not much you could say about the own goal. It was a very good cross, and not obviously the keeper's ball, with Clark there. s*** happens.

I felt a bit sorry for Ayoze and the two missed chances. He was right to shoot for the first. He was 12 yards out with the only the keeper to beat, and it wouldn't have been easy to find Ritchie. But as they said, the bollocking must have got to him, because then he tried to cross when he should have shot a few minutes later.

I'm down about the result, but encouraged by the performance in the last half hour, when we seemed to rediscover our mojo.

It's darlow's fault clearly.

I don't think he had time to react personally.

He can, at the least, tell Clark to leave it. Definitely Darlow's fault imo.

The cross was quite fast and low. I just don't think the defender would leave it even if there was a shout, and I still think it all just happened a fraction too fast.

I agree. People aren't taking into account the quality of the cross.

Great decision to take off our only striker and replace him with Sammy. Whilst Sammy was okay when he came on, leaving Perez and Gouffran as our attacking outlet backfired. Great day to throw Mitrovic over the coals.

I'd say if anything we improved when Murphy went off.

It's a bad night.

But 10 wins from our remaining 17 should see us through.

Are we capable of 10 more? I would say just about. When Gayle come back and if him, Shelvey and Richie stay fit that should give us enough quality to pull through. Here's hoping.

If you come off your line you have to be certain of claiming the ball.

He wouldn't have known that Clark was going to leap like a fish with no one near him tbf.

If he'd shouted KEEPERS BALL he'd have been a damn sight more sure that Clark would leave it??

If he'd thought that he was going to leap for a ball with no one near him he might have shouted.

It's a bad night.

Are we capable of 10 more? I would say just about. When Gayle come back and if him, Shelvey and Richie stay fit that should give us enough quality to pull through. Here's hoping.

We've got 18 games left.

He wouldn't have known that Clark was going to leap like a fish with no one near him tbf.

If he'd shouted KEEPERS BALL he'd have been a damn sight more sure that Clark would leave it??

If he'd thought that he was going to leap for a ball with no one near him he might have shouted.

Any Keeper making a forward motion to claim a ball should be shouting his head off that it's his ball, that is a basic of goalkeeping. Darlow moved forward and didn't shout at all. His fault imo.

If there was an attacker behind Clark and he'd left it he'd have been shot with shit, he's always going for that unless the keeper shouts for it.

It's a bad night.

We've got 18 games left.

Sorry :lol: my bad. Thought we'd played 29 for some mad reason.

I felt a bit sorry for Ayoze and the two missed chances. He was right to shoot for the first.

I bet you cry at the two minute filler interviews on This Morning when Tracey Pleb's son has died or something.

If you think Perez shooting was the right decision then you're either mental or blind fwiw.

You need to take another look at it. There was a defender only about a yard away from Ritchie who would have had a good chance of cutting off a pass or blocking his shot.

It's a matter of playing the percentages. You have to shoot in a position like that unless there's a team-mate completely free.

If there was an attacker behind Clark and he'd left it he'd have been shot with shit, he's always going for that unless the keeper shouts for it.

There wasn't an attacker behind Clark, I think that's what caught Darlow out, plus the cross was low and quick so it happened very quickly. If it had been floated a bit more that's where you generally get the keeper calling.

I'd say if anything we improved when Murphy went off.

Improved in terms of creating, but lacking someone to finish. Gouffran and Perez ffs.

Regardless of his critics, he'd have scored one of the chances we had tonight (Murphy would've too).

You need to take another look at it. There was a defender only about a yard away from Ritchie who would have had a good chance of cutting off a pass or blocking his shot.

It's a matter of playing the percentages. You have to shoot in a position like that unless there's a team-mate completely free.

I don't agree. The pass was the best chance of scoring. Even if he'd hit it off the end of the keeper's right leg it likely wouldn't have deflected towards Ritchie or the defender.

The pass on the second chance was absolutely laughable, as if a genuine fan can sit and "feel sorry" for a player when they fuck two massive goalscoring chances up so royally because of their lack of ability and composure :lol: